Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim on Rodgers Availability...
Quote: @Wetlander said:
Oh, he's definitely hurt.  This is starting to go into tinfoil hat territory...

The reason he went back in was because the doctors said he couldn't make the knee injury worse by playing.  His mobility and ability to step into his throws was extremely limited in the 2nd half.  Do you really think he'd be hobbling and limping around just to fake an injury, Minny?

I'm sure the swelling and soreness increased after the game and the next day.  How quickly that all goes away this week will probably determine if he can go or not...  That's why McCarthy said coming back into the Bears game and playing this week are two completely different things.
Yup.  I saw him not move like he usually does and that deep throw was all arm, pretty impressive, but all arm. 

And as you said, the swelling this week will be the key.  Can  he move it and bend it enough to move in the pocket.

I think he plays, and I hope he does.  If the Vikes are going places this year, then they need tough games playing great players.  I'd rather see the team learn lessons/get better after a tough road loss than kick the shit out of a crappy team and not get better.

Of course, I think they'll beat GB with Rodgers (healthy or not), and be a better/stronger team because of it.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
......61-16 at home. Won't be easy if he plays.
Won't be easy if he's healthy, but he's not. Meaning he's not getting his full prep in and his mobility will be severely limited. The more I think about it the more I think they'd be foolish for trotting him out there. 
Problem is, like with what we saw with Da Bears.  A quick passing game can negate a pass rush.  So if he can't move, you'd expect it'll be quick and short passes.  I like our DBs and LBs in this arrangement but in fairness we've been soft over the middle all year so far. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@ArizonaViking said:
One good thing is it has been mentioned that Zimmer ran too much of a vanilla offense against the 49ers.  Do you think that might been intentional?  Nothing are film for Green Bay to draw from to prepare defensively for us.
I don't know. Sounds reasonable but if true troublesome. If your playbook has so few wrinkles you need to hold back your good stuff for one week it could be a problem. I think Zimmer likes this offensive style. If true they were holding back. We are going to need to start showing our hand sooner or later. This week would be good.
Really?  New OL, new play caller, new QB?  On a team that has the best defense?  I doubt they wanted to push the gas peddle to the floor Sunday.  Maybe not so much to "hide" stuff from the Packers but more so because it just made football sense to not push to hard with all the changes. 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Being only the second game of the season, if Rodgers takes too many hits don't be surprised to see him pulled and sat...
Well duhhh!!!  When we're up 30-40 points teams usually pull the starters. 

I'll say it one last time: I'll be completely shocked if he doesn't play. Expect #12 to be slinging it Sunday afternoon. Would be great to get a W on the road against a division rival. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@suncoastvike said:
@ArizonaViking said:
One good thing is it has been mentioned that Zimmer ran too much of a vanilla offense against the 49ers.  Do you think that might been intentional?  Nothing are film for Green Bay to draw from to prepare defensively for us.
I don't know. Sounds reasonable but if true troublesome. If your playbook has so few wrinkles you need to hold back your good stuff for one week it could be a problem. I think Zimmer likes this offensive style. If true they were holding back. We are going to need to start showing our hand sooner or later. This week would be good.
Really?  New OL, new play caller, new QB?  On a team that has the best defense?  I doubt they wanted to push the gas peddle to the floor Sunday.  Maybe not so much to "hide" stuff from the Packers but more so because it just made football sense to not push to hard with all the changes. 
I won't argue. Season has along way to go. Sorry if I came off as the doubting Thomas. This is not just a game this weekend. I get a little defensive hearing about the Great One and his miraculous ability to make refs bow to his wishes.

I believe he’ll play. If he does it will probably be strictly out of shotgun, eliminating play action. Bring it on...!  B) 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Oh, he's definitely hurt.  This is starting to go into tinfoil hat territory...

The reason he went back in was because the doctors said he couldn't make the knee injury worse by playing.  His mobility and ability to step into his throws was extremely limited in the 2nd half.  Do you really think he'd be hobbling and limping around just to fake an injury, Minny?

I'm sure the swelling and soreness increased after the game and the next day.  How quickly that all goes away this week will probably determine if he can go or not...  That's why McCarthy said coming back into the Bears game and playing this week are two completely different things.
This is exactly right. We have all had injuries that you play through to finish the game but if you had to play the next day, you couldn't.  I've had that several times with ankle injuries. I've seen plenty of others do the same.
I'm sure Rodgers is hurt/injured otherwise he would be practicing and taking all the reps to prep for the Vikings. I expect him to play Sunday but to not be at full speed.  And I don't really expect to see him take a lot of hits because (1) GB will run plays designed for him to get rid of the ball quickly; (2) the linemen will hold Vikings pass rushers a little more than usual and get away with it; (3) the refs will be even more protective of Rodgers because he is already hurt and this is the team that knocked him out last year - resulting in the new rule this year. So any hard or low contact on Rodgers will be a roughing penalty.  That gets old very quickly.

Do they have an MRI machine in the stadium----how do they know for certain he can't do any more damage by going back out there.

The bigger issue was Chi gripping seeing him come back out there.   Vikings won't be playing as far off wrs as the bears got caught with.