Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long have you been a Vikings fan?
50+ years. Man I'm old, but still waiting for that first SB.

Joe Kapp.........Nuff said.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Am I the youngest person on the board? My dad and I went to his buddy's house in 1980 to watch the Vikings lose to Jaws and the Eagles. They had to explain the rules to me as I only watched and played baseball. I was 9 years old and instantly hooked.
nope,  i wasnt hatched until 73 so youve got me by a couple years,  and I happen to know that at the Vikefans meet ups at camp that I was one of the "old" guys  ( until PFaithful got there and....and .... what was I saying again?) .... anyway,  I grew up in a family of Vikings fans from Minnesota so it wasnt much of an option.  (my Granny taught me to long snap when I was about 3 or 4,  we have pictures of wrecked shit in our house to prove it.)

theres a few whipper snappers around here.

Since the beginning, used to go to games with my Dad at the Met.  Never forget the crushed feeling I had the first time (and every other time) they lost the Super Bowl to KC.  

late 60's Central ND

Then Purple People eaters were a pure joy to watch

To be able to watch Alan Page in his prime was wonderful. And the rest of the Purple People Eaters.

1965,  i was 8 and my Dad was an usher at home games.  I would try to catch a tlimpse of him.
I was in the navy on subs and the weeks the Vikes and pack would play the guys would line up outside radio’s door waiting to get the scores.  All of the Wisconsin and zminnesota guys knew who each other were. Talking smack while bobbing around at periscope depth in the dark.  Scores came out on Wednesdays.  You didnt want to lose those games.

You’re born into this cursed franchise arent you?  I remember watching since the AC and CC days which would have been the very early 90s. Probably woulda been 10ish or so??

The first game I remember was the Super Bowl vs. KC, but I was already a fan by then and was really heartbroken that we lost. But it would have been around that time.
We lived in NJ having fled Cuba in 1965.  Nobody in my family had any idea what football was but my brothers and I loved it.  I assume as a little kid I must have liked the Vikings' uniform and helmet.  Not sure why else I would choose to be a Vikings fan. The kids in my neighborhood were mostly Giants fans with a few Jets fans sprinkled in. 
Now my son is a Vikings fan - die hard. And he has never even been to Minnesota.  Maybe we can catch a game in the new stadium later this year. 

45 years or 1973

1973 NFCCG.  Fran, Chuck Foreman, and the Purple People Eaters!