Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Split
Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
If richie was to be belived he had a valid complaint. Im not sure if Ive heard the other side but it doesnt particularily matter. 

I dont think ritchie would have gotten this website (not necicarily board) to where it is right now because he didnt share the same vision mike and tom have.

Ive said before, I wish we could all get along because more opinions on kur favorite team is a good thing. But Im no fool and know when feelings are hurt rightly or wrongly people rarely actually bury the hatchet. 
I agree AGR.  Ritchie is banned from both boards so there really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Oh I'm fairly certain that if you were to poll people privately you would find out that there's still plenty of issues to drive wedges.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
@"SmokedPears" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"SmokedPears" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I didn't even know people were missing until someone mentioned it a few weeks ago. But then I realized I hadn't seen a few specific posters in a while. I miss one or two, but I'm guessing the majority are the type who get offended if you disagree with them. 

I don't visit any board but this one. I don't have a 2nd favorite football team and I don't play in more than one fantasy league. I guess I'm funny like that. 

And you still have your superiority complex. Carry on.
It seems strange that you would "come back" (?) to this board... just to attack 2 posters here.  

I actually wanted to respond to Mike's post but got distracted. You're right and I apologize for the derail.

Miss talking to you, Mr. Pears Smile  I hope all is well for you and your family.

Great to see you PG. I think of you often. It's been a rough year for me and mine but things are finally looking up. Got the camper out for the first time Labor Day weekend. Antelope hunting this weekend.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
If richie was to be belived he had a valid complaint. Im not sure if Ive heard the other side but it doesnt particularily matter. 

I dont think ritchie would have gotten this website (not necicarily board) to where it is right now because he didnt share the same vision mike and tom have.

Ive said before, I wish we could all get along because more opinions on kur favorite team is a good thing. But Im no fool and know when feelings are hurt rightly or wrongly people rarely actually bury the hatchet. 
I agree AGR.  Ritchie is banned from both boards so there really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Oh I'm fairly certain that if you were to poll people privately you would find out that there's still plenty of issues to drive wedges.
I meant on Tom's experience over there....that was really just spill over drama from here (that I wasn't privy to in the first place..).  There's always going to be disagreements...but as most of us know..that's partially why we come to these boards.  If all I wanted was my perspective, there's no reason to bother.  There's posters that I don't enjoy as much as others...but I'm sure at least one person says that about me as well...lol.

You're always a worthwhile read BadgerVike!

I am just glad to know where everyone went.  I was afraid you wondered off and became Packer fans.

I still visit both places as often as possible, really like many people at both places too, but life got busy and I am posting no where as often like I used to.  I consider Mike my brother and always will, even if we disagree on things. Mike and Tom were very good to me and gave me opportunities to things I may never had a chance to see, especially living where I live. So I will always have respect for Mike and Tom and still text them occasionally, but not as much as I would like to, and hockey season already started so my free time will be even less. SKÖL!!!

Tom

last season TC I sent you a text asking permission to post all your interviews at VH and you graciously agreed. This year I didn't have any time as my mom's health went downhill really fast and the wife's parents aren't doing great either. So I hope you didn't take me not asking this year as a slight against you. I just wasn't around.  I have always told you that you are my idol for interviews, perfect speaking voice as well.  I hope you are well !! 

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
The board split was odd.  Yes, the biggest issue wasn’t the politics, but the nasty attacks on people’s stances.  I have never found a need to talk politics on a football chat board, so I never did.  If I saw those threads, I just stayed out - no one has ever changed someone’s political stances on a faceless internet board.  Other people’s politics don’t bother me in the least.

I started posting and creating new threads less, when I found more interaction on our Twitter location.  It really feels like the board used to be.  For every turd baiter there is, there’s 500 goodViking fans who interact.  It is fun, and the interaction and feedback is quicker (for me).  And, we havevat least 30 former players who interact regularly with our Twitter followers.  we even set up a viewing of the 1980 Cle vs Min game with Tommy Kramer about 8 weeks ago.  FREE!

I visited the other board once.  It was early on, and there were people attacking me over there, led by Ritchie Blackmore (not his real name) saying I was a liar and ruined the board because we created relationships with the Vikings and players.  He wanted the board to be a free for all with no rules.

Several said kind things about our efforts on the board here, and were slammed by Ritchie for doing so.  So, I decided that what I didnt see, wouldn’t bother me.  So, I never visited again.  Plenty of fine people over there still (assuming they are still there).

I’d love the old board tracfic to return, and would always welcome the chance to talk Vikings with you.

But, I am still here, I just soend more time purting our content on Twitter.
In fairness, there was drama between you and Ritchie about how this board started and subsequent control.  He was banned here.  All that happened before I joined here from PT.  It carried over to that board since you two could finally "discuss it".  Ritchie has subsequently been banned from both boards....
As I said early, you're all welcome to stop by and say hi at the other place.  Conversely, I have always been made to feel welcome here when I come visit the old 'hood.
Your key statement is “if Ritchie is to be believed”.  We now know he has been banned for bad behavior at the other board.

There was NO drama between us.  I never knew him, never met him, never spoke to him, and PM’d just one time.  That PM was fine early, and he was fine with me.  The dust-up he had was when he got mad when Troy Aikman was going to talk Pondee”r with us.  We announced it.  Ritchie posted “F Troy Aikman” and then the board collectively did not take his side.  So, he went scorched earth and posted profanities in thread titles on opening day.  I think he got embarassed by the board reaction and lost complete control of himself.

That’s all it was.  He was just a really angry guy when he was here.  He then blamed me in posts because I created affliations with the team to help get better insight to fans they dont see or hear.  He said I “sild out to the big corporations!”  If getting more info on the Viking players and team was bad for a Viking site, then his take is accurate

That’s just the truth.  Believe it if you like, it is fine if you don’t.  I’m glad for every Viking fan I’ve met here..

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
@"SmokedPears" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"SmokedPears" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I didn't even know people were missing until someone mentioned it a few weeks ago. But then I realized I hadn't seen a few specific posters in a while. I miss one or two, but I'm guessing the majority are the type who get offended if you disagree with them. 

I don't visit any board but this one. I don't have a 2nd favorite football team and I don't play in more than one fantasy league. I guess I'm funny like that. 

And you still have your superiority complex. Carry on.
It seems strange that you would "come back" (?) to this board... just to attack 2 posters here.  

I actually wanted to respond to Mike's post but got distracted. You're right and I apologize for the derail.

Miss talking to you, Mr. Pears Smile  I hope all is well for you and your family.
I still temember putting together the Christian Ponder Video for you Smoked.  Good to hear from you

Ritchie was/is toxic and unstable. I see nothing has changed.