Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm hearing PA was laying out some big hints of Vikings OL trade today...
I doubt we just cut Mac. I can see cutting Sherels if we can't get anything for him. And my guess is we won't get anything for Sherels.  

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
I doubt we just cut Mac. I can see cutting Sherels if we can't get anything for him. And my guess is we won't get anything for Sherels.  
likely true,  but to put it out there that we are shopping them... that wont be good for their morale.  I am sure we could get something for Alexander,  Sherels abilities though dont really warrant much for compensation as yes he was one of the best,  but it really wasnt that big of an impact on a per game basis,  not enough to justify giving up something of value and then still having to pay his veteran contract.

another thought is maybe Zim is looking to move somebody to make room for Newman?   I am sure he doesnt want to cut his old buddy to make room for the youngsters that are pushing Sherels and Alexander out of the starting lineup.

I don't know, maybe Mac would be happy to be traded if he thinks he could get a chance at starting on the outside with another team. It has been fairly well-documented that he balked about playing nickel his first season or so, though has apparently come around about it.
I really don't want to see Mac go, but to me it would not be good to trade Waynes even with a new deal for him looming.
As much as I would like to keep guys like Sheldon Richardson and George Iloka around after this season I can imagine that the team is probably working hard to find ways to keep Barr and Waynes. I honestly wonder if they're prepared to tag Barr next season. I could see it happening.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
another thought is maybe Zim is looking to move somebody to make room for Newman?   I am sure he doesnt want to cut his old buddy to make room for the youngsters that are pushing Sherels and Alexander out of the starting lineup.

It would be awkward if we were to cut Newman.  The same goes for BRob.  And I don't think either will get cut. But I would not be completely shocked if one or both of them were.

I think Sherels ranked 4th best PR in the NFC last year.  Not bad, but I still doubt he has any trade value.

Quote: @"Ponifan" said:
I think Sherels ranked 4th best PR in the NFC last year.  Not bad, but I still doubt he has any trade value.
Pretty good player,  but the difference between 4th best anD 24th beSt is pretty minute in the course of a game.  Biggest thing is the ability to hang onto the contested ones which Sherels has shown,  bit he also let's to many hit the turf and take fortuitous bounces for the opposing teams.  Still better than a muffed punt though I guess.