Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We look like crap tonight
I think Compton needs to be a backup not a starting RG.  He was horrid.

I also thought the combo of Isidora/Collins was a lot better than Remmers/Hill although it was the laters first real play time so have to take it with a grain of salt.

I didn't notice the Center so that's a good sign

Quote: @twgerber said:

I also thought the combo of Isidora/Collins was a lot better than Remmers/Hill although it was the laters first real play time so have to take it with a grain of salt.

I wonder if they've toyed with putting Isidora over at RG yet? Agree, Compton for such a big man is too soft in there. I think we'll be "ok" with Remners/Hill on RT side if they can ever play there a few games and get some continuity going. 

Elf should be coming back and that should help. 

Yeah, last night was a huge mess.  Didn't really look good in any sense of the word.  I'm going to just chalk it up to lack of preparation (less gameplanning).  They looked like they just showed up last second and started playing.  My biggest concern was all the unblocked blitzers.  I'd hope that by this point they'd be knowing their roles.  Siemian was hot garbage.  I'd 100% give Sloter the primary QB duties in game 4 just to see what he looks like with a slightly better cast.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Where has Rudy been.  I don't remember his name being mentioned but once in the last game.
Good question. Another thing is he has that big body, he needs to use it more. Sometimes he just goes down after the catch when he doesn't have to. I wish he wouldn't do that. 

Quote: @twgerber said:

He is a backup, and not a very good one, but I can see why he would make a lot of rosters.  I wasn't real impressed with Collins tonight, which is too bad because I thought he was going to show off.  I wish we could get someone else, but I also don't want to mortgage the future for some player that we think is going to be our saviour.  THAT HAS NEVER WORKED OUT IN THE PAST AND IT WON'T HERE!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@twgerber said:

I wonder if they've toyed with putting Isidora over at RG yet? Agree, Compton for such a big man is too soft in there. I think we'll be "ok" with Remners/Hill on RT side if they can ever play there a few games and get some continuity going. 

Doesn't a starting OG combo of Isadora and Remmers seem sensible?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@purplefaithful said:
@twgerber said:

Doesn't a starting OG combo of Isadora and Remmers seem sensible?
Or perhaps inevitable???

Izzy at LG makes a ton of sense.  He's stout against penetration and his feet are quick enough in pass pro for this offense.
I see it coming down to putting your best guys out there and that probably means Compton is getting replaced at some point early in the season.
Because, He's not going to 'gel' if he can't hold the point of attack.

Quote: @kahsmick said:
Izzy at LG makes a ton of sense.  He's stout against penetration and his feet are quick enough in pass pro for this offense.
I see it coming down to putting your best guys out there and that probably means Compton is getting replaced at some point early in the season.
The only problem with that...  I would have expected the Vikings to make the switch by now.  The fact that Compton has been our starting LG the first 3 preseason games makes it seem like he will be the Week 1 starter.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@kahsmick said:
The only problem with that...  I would have expected the Vikings to make the switch by now.  The fact that Compton has been our starting LG the first 3 preseason games makes it seem like he will be the Week 1 starter.
You're probably right...NExt week is not even much of a dress rehearsal for first teamers and we're just 2 Sunday's from kick off vs 49'ers.