Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two OL names not getting much attention
Quote: @Poiple said:
@Tyr said:
After passing on OL in the 1st, we'll need to hope that someone like James Daniels or Connor Williams makes it to our pick or at least within reasonable striking distance.

It is concerning that Spielman has only drafted two OL in the first two rounds since 2006, yet we've drafted 5 corners in the first two rounds since 2012. I get that college OL coaching is bad/not in sync with what the NFL wants, so there is a case to be made that taking the long road to develop lower level prospects can work. However, I think that the lack of at least some top end talent has played into how bad the OL has been for the past decade or more. I am hoping that spending a 3rd on Elflein last year and getting an immediate return will make them confident enough to draft another OL in the 2nd or 3rd round. I certainly hope it would, since they just invested $84 million in Cousins and he's nowhere near as mobile as Keenum was.
Well to be fair we are paying Cousins a hell of a lot more so that automatically makes him much better than Keenum.

Rick has only drafted two?  huh.

They have swung and missed in the second round to the point I no longer trust them to upgrade the mediocre rabble we currently have to feed.  
This is how GMs lose their job.  Dont think it can happen?  Put another first round draft pick on the pine while the O line struggles yet another year, and one more QB goes to IR, forcing them to pull yet another rabbit out of their cap to save the season and their hides. I have no doubt Rick is run out of town.  

Are you blaming the Oline for Teddy and Bradford going to the IR?

And who are the other 2 lineman that Spielman has drafted in the top 2 rounds?