Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a very good interior line class
I would love a tackle of course but doubt one will be there worth picking at 30. OT talent pool seems pretty dry the past few years.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Remmers is good enough at RT? Methinks Cam Newton would have a different opinion.

Folks, Remmers would not have done any better against Jordan or Graham than Hill did.

He's LEAGUE AVERAGE. That looks like Future HOF compared to two years ago but it isn't good enough to win it all.

And he's 29. The odds of him improving at this point aren't good. But sure, let's draft not one but two guards and then get pissed again next season when the team comes up short and the RT is constantly giving up pressure.
If I remember correctly, Remmers primarily struggled when he was shifted to LT.  He was solid at RT and below average at LT for the Panthers at least according to PFF.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Remmers is good enough at RT? Methinks Cam Newton would have a different opinion.

Folks, Remmers would not have done any better against Jordan or Graham than Hill did.

He's LEAGUE AVERAGE. That looks like Future HOF compared to two years ago but it isn't good enough to win it all.

And he's 29. The odds of him improving at this point aren't good. But sure, let's draft not one but two guards and then get pissed again next season when the team comes up short and the RT is constantly giving up pressure.
I agree that if we can we should upgrade Remmers first, but I wouldn't take a lesser tackle prospect over a better guard prospect. Players like Connor Williams and Isaiah Wynn may appeal to the Vikings because they could feasibly play both right tackle and guard.

I don't agree that you need elite players at every position to win it all. There are league-average players up and down Super Bowl winning rosters. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

I agree that if we can we should upgrade Remmers first, but I wouldn't take a lesser tackle prospect over a better guard prospect. Players like Connor Williams and Isaiah Wynn may appeal to the Vikings because they could feasibly play both right tackle and guard.

I don't agree that you need elite players at every position to win it all. There are league-average players up and down Super Bowl winning rosters. 
look at New Englands roster,  superbowl every other year and outside of a couple players,  they are really a bunch of names only the mothers would recognize.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

If I remember correctly, Remmers primarily struggled when he was shifted to LT.  He was solid at RT and below average at LT for the Panthers at least according to PFF.
Go watch that Super Bowl again. Sure, it was against the Old Spice dude, but he wasn't even getting a hand on him. Mike can't handle the speed guys, which is exactly what he'd see in the Playoffs.

And can we please stop with the New England stuff? They have the greatest QB of all time. His ability to beat you pre-snap and underrated pocket shiftiness has allowed Belicheat to get away with sub-stellar lines.

Meanwhile, the current Champs have the best RT in the League.

Hill got shredded against what is likely to be the same pass rushers  Minnesota  would see again in the Playoffs. And he was tapped ahead of Remmers. If the Coaches thought Mike was better he would have stayed at RT and Izzy would have played LG.

Hill didn't cost them the game and I do think Remmers would have done better.  Wynn could very well be the best RT on the team in a pretty short time if they chose to play him there.  You don't become all SEC at LT with out at least some ability to handle the outside speed.

Would Remmers next to Wynn or Price been a significant upgrade over Hill and whoever filled in for Berger in  the NFCC?