Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bustwater?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
I wish we could've resigned him to an incentive-laden deal like that. If Cousins sh!ts the bed or gets hurt Teddy could have had a better chance to restart his career here with his old team mates than in New York. 
Trevor Siemian is only under contract for this season. I think he makes a pretty damn good backup, but I can see a scenario where Teddy ends up right back here in '19. It would have to be a worst-case scenario for Teddy, because he's obviously hoping to win the starting job there. It would have to be a scenario where he proves he's healthy, but doesn't play enough to draw starting interest from other teams. Never know...
Teddy is a great person but the bottom line is...Teddy is Gone!
Siemian doesn't look like a bad QB and hopefully Flip can make him better.
Also they have Sloter on the back burner and he won't be kept there for ever.

Teddy, much like Keenum has shown an ability to be a good QB, but both lack the ability to drive the ball down the field. i think teddy has more upside than Case, but the knee is a risk.  We got our guy

Damn shame is what I say...For Teddy and the Vikings. 

The Jets got quite a bargain.  They can observe Teddy and let him play in the pre-season.  If he is doing well then maybe some team will come calling if they suffer an injury.  Or maybe some team will want to trade for him anyway.  Either way.  Paying 500K is not a lot of money until opening day.

The Vikings paid Datone Jones 1.8 mil last year only to cut him before opening day.  Not bad for 5 months work.

If the Jets end up trading him for a 3rd or 4th right before the start of the season they will be hailed as geniuses.

Unfortunately for Teddy, his injury and having not played in any games really gave teams a lot of concern about giving him several million bucks guaranteed.  Add in the fact the Vikings really did not try to keep him as their starter and that probably was not a good sign to other teams.

I have noticed over the years that often times there are some Vikings fans that will kick a player in his backside after he leaves the team for whatever reason.  It is a sad display and shows a bit of the fans character or lack thereof.  They can try to excuse it away or deny but the action betrays those excuses.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
The Jets got quite a bargain.  They can observe Teddy and let him play in the pre-season.  If he is doing well then maybe some team will come calling if they suffer an injury.  Or maybe some team will want to trade for him anyway.  Either way.  Paying 500K is not a lot of money until opening day.

The Vikings paid Datone Jones 1.8 mil last year only to cut him before opening day.  Not bad for 5 months work.

If the Jets end up trading him for a 3rd or 4th right before the start of the season they will be hailed as geniuses.

Unfortunately for Teddy, his injury and having not played in any games really gave teams a lot of concern about giving him several million bucks guaranteed.  Add in the fact the Vikings really did not try to keep him as their starter and that probably was not a good sign to other teams.

I have noticed over the years that often times there are some Vikings fans that will kick a player in his backside after he leaves the team for whatever reason.  It is a sad display and shows a bit of the fans character or lack thereof.  They can try to excuse it away or deny but the action betrays those excuses.
some players dont deserve respect after they leave.... most do,  but some dont.  what is sad is those that kick the good guys who tried hard but came up short and give the turds a pass.

Quote: @"RushmoreVike" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:

some players dont deserve respect after they leave.... most do,  but some dont.  what is sad is those that kick the good guys who tried hard but came up short and give the turds a pass.
This entire thread is full of that lol.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Teddy, much like Keenum has shown an ability to be a good QB, but both lack the ability to drive the ball down the field.
Really wondering what you are thinking here.

The only thing standing in his way is his knee.  If healthy don't count him out.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:

Agree, just the title of the tread is very immature/childish.  But then again our current POTUS calls everyone names so part of our current culture to long distance/social media bully.

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
Teddy, much like Keenum has shown an ability to be a good QB, but both lack the ability to drive the ball down the field.
Really wondering what you are thinking here.
looks pretty clear to me.  whats your question?