Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson a done deal
Quote: @Montana Tom said:
You guys are already all assuming BRob is going to be pushed out.  Nobody has said that, the only place it's a topic is here.  Don't jump the gun.
We are responding to the post from BRob's dad....who isn't happy at all with the situation.

Quote: @Purple Haze said:
If the Vikings do sign Richardson I don't know why everyone is so butt hurt for B Rob.  He has been great in every aspect of this team except on the field where I say hes been very good and very consistent. That being said the Vikings weakness on the DL is a 3T DT and that is not B Robs strength.  He has been solid no doubt and he works his ass off but Richardson is what they need.  B Rob doesnt require a double team like Richardson has and that is the reason for the stats he has put up for the last couple years. What is an opposing OL to do when they have to double either Lival hungry or Richardson, they can't double both or that totally opens up Griffen, Hunter or B Rob if he stays.  Its great for everyone.  I agree it sucks he may be asked to take a cut because he already did last year but at the end of the day the NFL is a business and winning is the name of the game.  And Rushmore I dont know if you realize this but that hall of fame QB in New England you talk about, the GOAT QB, he is the 15th highest paid QB in the league.   He could have been paid Kirk Cousins money years ago and would have deserved every penny.  But he wanted to win and took the pay cut for the good of the team. I would love to see B Rob stay and hopefully walk a way with a ring after next season.
very aware of Bradys contract status.  just saying that the hair cut they want Brian to take is bull shit when there are others on the team that dont provide as much or not much more and are not even approached.  what about Griff?  he disappeared the second half of the season last year,  how about he give a little back?  never mind.  

you arent going to change my mind and you dont have to agree with me,  but I am going to say that Spielman is being a dick to guys that shouldnt even be approached and I for one am embarrassed that we treat our ring of honor types this way.  If Brian was a broken down player that shouldnt still be playing or if he was like AD and making a ton more than he is giving back on the field it would be much different,  but Brian is still playing at a very high level, and likely would have put up as good or better numbers than Hunter did if he was left to play his LDE position instead of doing what was asked of him in the teams interest and moving to his situational role.

Especially considering how Brian got fucked over early in his career being pushed down in favor of ray edwards when everybody could plainly see the Brian was the much better player at the position and should have been the starter much sooner.  Its amazing that he even agreed to stay in Minny,   but once again,  he showed loyalty and the team isnt reciprocating. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Vikings have DE depth and young guys I'm sure they'd like to play more. Not so much at DT. Johnson is traveling to Seattle for a visit. Richardson will be a game changer next to Joseph.
I'm not so sure about our DE depth.  I was thinking we needed to upgrade our DE depth even if we keep Robison, but you are definitely right that our DT depth is worse than our DE depth, which is why Robison was getting so many snaps at DT and we're only treading water depth wise if we replace Johnson with Richardson (although our starting DLine is much improved).  I think if we trusted these young guys, they would have gotten more snaps last year.

Word is Richardson is taking a physical right now. Hmmm, what could that mean?  :p

Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
@Purple Haze said:
If the Vikings do sign Richardson I don't know why everyone is so butt hurt for B Rob.  He has been great in every aspect of this team except on the field where I say hes been very good and very consistent. That being said the Vikings weakness on the DL is a 3T DT and that is not B Robs strength.  He has been solid no doubt and he works his ass off but Richardson is what they need.  B Rob doesnt require a double team like Richardson has and that is the reason for the stats he has put up for the last couple years. What is an opposing OL to do when they have to double either Lival hungry or Richardson, they can't double both or that totally opens up Griffen, Hunter or B Rob if he stays.  Its great for everyone.  I agree it sucks he may be asked to take a cut because he already did last year but at the end of the day the NFL is a business and winning is the name of the game.  And Rushmore I dont know if you realize this but that hall of fame QB in New England you talk about, the GOAT QB, he is the 15th highest paid QB in the league.   He could have been paid Kirk Cousins money years ago and would have deserved every penny.  But he wanted to win and took the pay cut for the good of the team. I would love to see B Rob stay and hopefully walk a way with a ring after next season.
very aware of Bradys contract status.  just saying that the hair cut they want Brian to take is bull shit when there are others on the team that dont provide as much or not much more and are not even approached.  what about Griff?  he disappeared the second half of the season last year,  how about he give a little back?  never mind.  

you arent going to change my mind and you dont have to agree with me,  but I am going to say that Spielman is being a dick to guys that shouldnt even be approached and I for one am embarrassed that we treat our ring of honor types this way.  If Brian was a broken down player that shouldnt still be playing or if he was like AD and making a ton more than he is giving back on the field it would be much different,  but Brian is still playing at a very high level, and likely would have put up as good or better numbers than Hunter did if he was left to play his LDE position instead of doing what was asked of him in the teams interest and moving to his situational role.

Especially considering how Brian got fucked over early in his career being pushed down in favor of ray edwards when everybody could plainly see the Brian was the much better player at the position and should have been the starter much sooner.  Its amazing that he even agreed to stay in Minny,   but once again,  he showed loyalty and the team isnt reciprocating. 
Im not trying to change your mind at all but all myself and others are saying is what the Vikings are doing is nothing more than doing businessin the NFL, EVERY team does the exact same thing. If B Rob were to walk and go to another team he would be treated the same way.  I will agree with you that there are others that could be and should be asked to take a cut as well.  Jarius Wright for one, Murray has already agreed to restructure so its not just B Rob.  Its just a little tougher with him because there in an emotional attachement to him because he has been here so long but it is a business and you cant run a business on emotion or you will have a failing business.  Im sure Spielman would trade being called a dick for making moves to make the team better and winning a SB for being considered one of the nicest GM’s in the NFL and never win crap.

Quote: @Purple Haze said:
While true he has taken much less than he is worth so the Patriots can have other players to form a winning SB team, lets not forget that his wife made over 30 million in 2016 and over 17million in 2017. Not 100% sure, but I don't think BRob's wife is making that kind of scratch that makes taking less $$ an easy proposition.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@Purple Haze said:
While true he has taken much less than he is worth so the Patriots can have other players to form a winning SB team, lets not forget that his wife made over 30 million in 2016 and over 17million in 2017. Not 100% sure, but I don't think BRob's wife is making that kind of scratch that makes taking less $$ an easy proposition.
This is true, and Im sure that has alot to do with it so Brady is a bad example because we are talking the differnce between 20 million a year vs 25 million a year for a guy who has, if he plays through 2019 will have pocketed (not just contract numbers) but money he has received 227 million dollars, so its probobly pretty easy to not bitch about the extra 5 million.  For B Rob its not nearly that much but if he stays through this year he will have pocketed 45 million throughout his career.  So if he was asked to take a 1.5 milion dollar cut this year would that be something to just quit about.  He is due to make 3.2 this year.  Unless I win the lottery I will never know what its like to make that kind of money in ten years so maybe it is a big deal but from the outside looking in it just doesnt seem like it would be that big of a deal if it made my chances of winning a ring in my last couple years greater.  

Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
@Purple Haze said:

I agree with you about asking Robison to take a cut from his minimal salary and then having to replace him (unless they really like Bower and Weatherly) is not worth it.

I do not think they need to ask him or that he should accept it.

But you are wrong about loyalty.

What about Antoine Winfield?  They really did him dirty IMO.

What about Steve Hutchinson?

Did they not deserve to play their last year?

Cant have it both ways.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@Purple Haze said:

I agree with you about asking Robison to take a cut from his minimal salary and then having to replace him (unless they really like Bower and Weatherly) is not worth it.

Cant have it both ways.
The difference I have with those two were they were free agents that came here, IIRC Hutch was struggling towards the end of his career and I think Toine was losing a step as well and was a liability.  BRob is still playing at a level commensurate with his pay IMO.  The only reason that they approached Brian is because they have the leverage over him in his desire to play his entire career for the Vikings and his stated career goal has always been to bring a SB to Minnesota,  not personal endeavors like sack records and such.

I am not trying to take away from what Hutch and Toine did as Vikings because they were great,  but IMO there is something special about the guys we draft and make their entire careers in purple.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@Purple Haze said:

Cant have it both ways.
AW didn't want to take a pay cut.  BRob already did.  One could argue that BRob has already been "handled" as he had the starting job take away, took a pay cut and in the JA years was told to take up blockers rather than rush.  BRob has already taken several for the team and with his leadership and play on the field, he deserves to play out the contract.