Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News- Vikings Trading For Siemian
I'd say the Vikings are doing pretty well.

We got the QB everyone wanted. What's more, our backup is now the Broncos starter. The Broncos starter is now our backup. And the guy that played better than any of them in the preseason? He's our 3rd QB. 

Trading for a QB rather than signing a FA means we don't affect our chances at comp picks.  We'll sign Cousins and (hopefully) a 3T, but losing 3 QBs and McKinnon still puts us on the right side of the ledger for the comp pick calculation.

This is a solid move for a young veteran with 24 starts under his belt. Suffered some shoulder injuries behind a bad Denver offensive line. I'm sure he's excited about a new start.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
Report: Broncos fielding offers for Siemian

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNbTsRU3V8lWPB1m-kPKL...xKtpQazkmA]
The Denver Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports the Broncos have been fielding trade offers for Trevor Siemian.
Siemian is expected to be shipped out via trade or release at some point this offseason after the addition of Case Keenum. GM John Elway evidently prefers not to totally give up on former first-rounder Paxton Lynch, even though Siemian has arguably shown more as an NFL player despite his seventh-round draft status. Denver may also select a passer early in April's draft.
Elway's track record on QBs is atrocious. To make matters worse, he still won't give up on Paxton Lynch. Siemian is the better QB and we got him for next to nothing. Now they're banking on a QB who's had one good year in six and a 1st round bust. And  they still have Brock Osweiler and no Kyle Sloter. It's fun being a Viking fan in Denver right now. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I'd say the Vikings are doing pretty well.

We got the QB everyone wanted. What's more, our backup is now the Broncos starter. The Broncos starter is now our backup. And the guy that played better than any of them in the preseason? He's our 3rd QB. 
Ha!!

Very good call lol...