Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer on Treadwell
Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
If you are a QB why would you throw to a mostly covered Treadwell when you can throw to Theilen, Diggs, Rudolph, Cook/McKinnon.  Likelihood is not only is he a 4th or 5th read but he will get few chances to earn the trust needed to elevate above those guys in the pecking order.  He's going to have to make a big play/impression with one of his few opportunities to get extra attention.
I would argue that by nfl standards he wasnt covered as often as some want to make him sound.  just because there is a man there doesnt mean hes covered.  with Treadwells catch radius and body size any defender on his back is out of the play on routes coming back to the QB or cutting inside.   if the QBs that threw to Carter considered him covered with what Treadwell is seeing then CC would be a footnote in the league, not HOF.   get an accurate, confident QB and see how much better our offense will look when the QB uses all of it.

But at some point throwing to  covered Treadwell is going to have to feel like a better option to whichever QB than throwing to a covered AT, Diggs, or Rudolph.
I used to make the same arguments about throwing to Rudolph.  Just because they aren't blazers running wide open down the field doesn't mean they aren't viable targets.  

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
If you are a QB why would you throw to a mostly covered Treadwell when you can throw to Theilen, Diggs, Rudolph, Cook/McKinnon.  Likelihood is not only is he a 4th or 5th read but he will get few chances to earn the trust needed to elevate above those guys in the pecking order.  He's going to have to make a big play/impression with one of his few opportunities to get extra attention.
I would argue that by nfl standards he wasnt covered as often as some want to make him sound.  just because there is a man there doesnt mean hes covered.  with Treadwells catch radius and body size any defender on his back is out of the play on routes coming back to the QB or cutting inside.   if the QBs that threw to Carter considered him covered with what Treadwell is seeing then CC would be a footnote in the league, not HOF.   get an accurate, confident QB and see how much better our offense will look when the QB uses all of it.

But at some point throwing to  covered Treadwell is going to have to feel like a better option to whichever QB than throwing to a covered AT, Diggs, or Rudolph.
That's an excellent point.  You'd think there'd be more instances of the QB getting to Treadwell as his 4th read and firing it in there on time rather than bailing the pocket and trying to making a play with a more traditional pocket passer.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
Bradford: 71.6%
Keenum: 67.6%

The QBs aren’t the problem.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:

I used to make the same arguments about throwing to Rudolph.  Just because they aren't blazers running wide open down the field doesn't mean they aren't viable targets.  

I agree I'm just trying to give perspective, Rudolph at that point was about the only viable receiving target.  I haven't given up on Treadwell I think he just has to keep working and capitalize on the limited chances he gets to earn the trust of the QB and coaches.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:

That's an excellent point.  You'd think there'd be more instances of the QB getting to Treadwell as his 4th read and firing it in there on time rather than bailing the pocket and trying to making a play with a more traditional pocket passer.

I'm not convinced Case ever made it that far in his progressions(most QB rarely do) by that time they are checking down to the TE or RB.  That's kind of my point he looks to AT, then Diggs, if both are covered he probably going to give a quick look at Treadwell at best or Rudolph and either throw it to the guy he trusts the most or check it down.  Treadwell isn't near the top of the list of guys he has faith to force a ball into -at least not yet so he has to keep getting better and capitalize on his chance when it comes.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
Bradford: 71.6%
Keenum: 67.6%

The QBs aren’t the problem.

I get it you don't like the kid,  but he barely saw the field with Bradford and case locked onto Diggs and Theilen so bad he wasn't going to see many other targets.

you are just pissed about his draft position even though it's pretty common for recievers to take a few years to really come in to their own.  It's not his fault he was taken in the first.  He still has some damn good physical attributes that are worth trying to develop.