Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer Talks Futures of Keenum, Bridgewater and Bradford
IIRC the Chiefs had their own mini triage unit going with their OL in the middle part of the season.  I think the Center and RG were both out for an extended time but I could be wrong.   I watch them when I can,  but I dont make it a priority so I dont follow them near as close as I do the Vikes.

and here is why you can't trust PFF.  Regarding Keenum
Quote: He threw the highest percentage of catchable passes of any starter in
that area (76.9 percent) and didn’t have a single turnover-worthy throw.
I am convinced they don't watch a single game and just throw shit against the wall.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Good post, Ralphie.  It does make you think if you like Smith, or even Cousins, you might as well just give Case the job and save draft picks and money.

Obviously we have no idea how Teddy, Sam, and Case looked on the practice field.  If Case walks away from the Vikes, it's most likely because he clearly wasn't impressive enough to keep the job.

Zim says Sam is now healthy, and Teddy is too.  There will be lots of hand wringing around here while we wait and see who gets the nod.

I think Smith has the ability to carry a team though and go into the playoffs and play at a high level. I trust Smith more than I could Case and I don't think its apples to apples with these two. Smith is the superior QB IMO

Quote: @Canthony said:
@HappyViking said:
Good post, Ralphie.  It does make you think if you like Smith, or even Cousins, you might as well just give Case the job and save draft picks and money.

Obviously we have no idea how Teddy, Sam, and Case looked on the practice field.  If Case walks away from the Vikes, it's most likely because he clearly wasn't impressive enough to keep the job.

Zim says Sam is now healthy, and Teddy is too.  There will be lots of hand wringing around here while we wait and see who gets the nod.

I think Smith has the ability to carry a team though and go into the playoffs and play at a high level. I trust Smith more than I could Case and I don't think its apples to apples with these two. Smith is the superior QB IMO
Maybe, but one could argue that he's never carried a team further than Case just did.  Case is also younger and trending up, while I doubt you would say the same for Smith.

We're still giving out draft picks this year for a QB, and now we want to give away more?  To me, that sounds like a bad plan, especially for Smith.  I think he's good, and reliable, but nothing all that special.

@Canthony said:
@HappyViking said:

Maybe, but one could argue that he's never carried a team further than Case just did.  Case is also younger and trending up, while I doubt you would say the same for Smith.

We're still giving out draft picks this year for a QB, and now we want to give away more?  To me, that sounds like a bad plan, especially for Smith.  I think he's good, and reliable, but nothing all that special.

I dont see the Chiefs getting a high pick for Smith as most GMs know Mahomes is the real deal and they are going with him in 2018. I see Smith getting cut most likely.

Quote: @greediron said:
He threw the highest percentage of catchable passes of any starter in
I am convinced they don't watch a single game and just throw shit against the wall.
That stat is specific to the Red Zone. 

@Canthony said:
@HappyViking said:

Smith is decent mobility,  but not where Case is at,  but Smith IMO is the much better arm.  I agree though,  anything more than a 6th for Smith is to much IMO.  maybe a 5th in 2019 draft but that would be it.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@Canthony said:
@HappyViking said:

Smith is decent mobility,  but not where Case is at,  but Smith IMO is the much better arm.  I agree though,  anything more than a 6th for Smith is to much IMO.  maybe a 5th in 2019 draft but that would be it.

I think that is ultimately what will come of Smith. I think its pretty clear that Mahomes is the guy and Smiths trade value may be dwindling

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@greediron said:
He threw the highest percentage of catchable passes of any starter in
That stat is specific to the Red Zone. 
are you sure?  I see them infer that, but they also have him at 2.1% and ranked 3rd for that overall.  Seems to not fit the eyeball test.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@Canthony said:
@HappyViking said:

I think that is ultimately what will come of Smith. I think its pretty clear that Mahomes is the guy and Smiths trade value may be dwindling
no,  some team will draft a rookie and want a veteran bridge player to play in front of them for a year or two. ( like I have been saying all year for Case)  or a team that feels they are just a QB away will make a run  at him ( brees isnt going anywhere, and cousins is over priced, and over hyped)