Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you stop the Saints Passing game?
Quote: @"Hidalgo" said:
Brees passed for 291 yards and a 104.7 passer rating the first time they played the Vikings this year. 
Only 71 of those yards came in the first half.  Another 78 came in the third quarter and 142 came in the fourth quarter down by 15. That tells a very different story.

I told my oldest the same thing, we play our game and I don't fear ANYONE in the NFC...

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"MoosicMan" said:
We will be able run on them.  Not sure why Carolina went away from J. Stewart after the first series.  This is going to be a typical Viking win.  Control the clock on offense, suffocating defense. 
Do you guys (we) ever learn? In '98 I remember watching that game laughing until overtime. Same with 2000. And then 2009 rolled around and I wondered "is this too good to be true?"

Now I know it is.

Don't have hope. Enjoy every snap because you don't get another one until September 2018.
Lol...

I've been sticking with the team since the 70's...Watched the SB losses, the losses to Montana in the 80's, Green not winning a playoff game till 98, 01, 09. It's been a road of humility for Viking fans.

Gotta have hope that THIS YEAR is OUR YEAR. I hope we kick the Saints ass this year. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"MoosicMan" said:
We will be able run on them.  Not sure why Carolina went away from J. Stewart after the first series.  This is going to be a typical Viking win.  Control the clock on offense, suffocating defense. 
Do you guys (we) ever learn? In '98 I remember watching that game laughing until overtime. Same with 2000. And then 2009 rolled around and I wondered "is this too good to be true?"

Now I know it is.

Don't have hope. Enjoy every snap because you don't get another one until September 2018.
Lol...

I've been sticking with the team since the 70's...Watched the SB losses, the losses to Montana in the 80's, Green not winning a playoff game till 98, 01, 09. It's been a road of humility for Viking fans.

Gotta have hope that THIS YEAR is OUR YEAR. I hope we kick the Saints ass this year. 

For me...that same hope drives me every year.  And yes, a lot of disappointments.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
wait you guys think we somehow lose this game? not a chance. 
The aints are the ones standing in our way in the nfc. Brees was throwing some of them out patterns so well that no one could defend them.  I just hope we beat the ever-loving shit out of Brees ala 09. They desreve to get their asses pounded. 

Fuck dem. 

Lightning, then the Thunder...

[Image: vikings-1st-quarterr008.jpg?w=485]
[Image: r291731_576x324_16-9.jpg]

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"MoosicMan" said:

Now I know it is.

Lol...

For me...that same hope drives me every year.  And yes, a lot of disappointments.
THIS is THE Year, I get to change my jaded sig...

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
wait you guys think we somehow lose this game? not a chance. 
The aints are the ones standing in our way in the nfc. Brees was throwing some of them out patterns so well that no one could defend them.  I just hope we beat the ever-loving shit out of Brees ala 09. They desreve to get their asses pounded. 

Fuck dem. 
the panthers corners were playing like shit,  those out routes were easily defended with some better physicality at the line of scrimmage taking the timing off on those routes.   The front 4 will have to get Brees out of his drop set and throw routine.  Not to mention our LB do as good of a job as anybody at taking away passing lanes.  I think we will be ok against Brees,  we just need the D to keep playing Zims D and not try and freelance or get lazy.

Play our game. We win. We are a tough match up for the Saints. Our CBs are better and matchup with their WR and we are damn good at stopping the run. Throw in a home game and a battered NO OL, this should be a strong Viking performance. 

The saints scored the most at US bank all year, and 150 yards came down 15 points in the 4th quarter. 

Vikings get 21 points and there is a 95% chance of winning

The key to beating the Saints is by getting pressure with only 4. Once you start bringing LB's and DB's Brees can have his way with you. The Saints will counter with a lot of quick passes, but the Vikings have the speed to beat those but just need to make sure they're wrapping up on Kamara.