Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who believes Minnesota can beat GB with Keenum at the helm?
I don't see the game as unwinnable or out of reach, but the assignments on Jordy and the rest had best be followed as directed, and I hope they find new ways into Erin's backfield.

Our offense can do its job if the line can do its job and Keenum throws with just a touch more anticipation.

Quote: @SkolVikings44 said:
There aren't too many Vikings Vs GB games that I do not get amped for. I am not really excited for this game. Our defense can hold its own, but Rodgers is still going to score points. I don't think our offense can keep up with them right now. 
I expect our defense to keep us in the game for awhile but I have no faith in the offense missing starting QB/RB/WR to generate enough offense to give the defense a break.  I think GB wins and pulls away in the second half.  

Another early injury riddled season and I am very close to just watching for young player improvements and watching college QB's to draft or do we pursue Cousins? 

Players I am hoping show something today:  Treadwell, Waynes, Sirles/Isodora at G, Keenum of course.  Overall, Keenum has looked better then I expected but he is still clearly playing like a backup.  Two weeks ago he missed so many reads to wide open WR's that we should have beat the Lions with better decisions.  He had Theilan for 6 on two consecutive plays and went the other way for some reason - probably play call but he needed to check out and get the ball in the play makers hands.  He needs to start flinging it around and making plays.  But Keenum has shown the ability to correct mistakes and get better like his awful pocket presence vs Pitt he gave the OL no chance with 10 step drop backs and awful pocket awareness.

But Keenum is missing our best offensive weapons - Cook and Diggs.  Too much to overcome IMO but I hope he just let it rip today instead of playing slow and steady in a defensive battle because the Packers are going to score more then 20 points.  I have some players to watch but this is going to be painful for me to watch with another injury riddled offense unit try and compete with Rodgers/GB. 

Surprised Waynes covered Nelson as much as he did...

I thought Keenum's performance was very average today. He definitely made some nice plays, but he also made quite a few poor decisions and inaccurate throws . If Rodgers wasn't knocked out, I don't think we would have won this game but a win is a win no matter what it looks like. God knows we have suffered more than our fair share of injuries to key players on this team the past two seasons and nobody has felt sorry for us. You have to play with what you have. One criticism I do have today is that once Rodgers was carted away, there seemed to be a huge sigh of relief by the team. Instead of the focus on attacking Rodgers, we went into a "play not to lose" mentality. With the other Packer injuries racking up, we didn't seem to take advantage of that situation very well on either side of the ball. Too many predictable 1st down runs for a loss setting up difficult 2nd and long, 3rd and long situations with a depleted Packers Defense, and Hundley seemed to have way too much time in the pocket to survey the field. Luckily he made the typical mistakes you expect from an inexperienced QB.