Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, The Giants Just Lost 3 WRs...
JW must have been the slaughterer of those damned stuffed animals...  Wink

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
5th rounder for Tready - I'd jump on it if I were R.S.   That deal would be what we call slick, Rick!
Jesus, guys, Rick is not going to take a 5th rounder for a perfectly healthy, former 1st round draft pick in his 2nd season, on his 1st contract. It's way too early. His value is higher than that. But if we wait too long, a 5th rounder is exactly what we'll be looking at. 
Not sure I follow you.. you're saying we shouldn't take a 5th but then later on in hindsight we'll feel we should have done so if such a deal existed?

This franchise has wasted 1st rounders on guys like TWill, "Flash" and now Tready.   Meantime their best WR's are a 5th rounder with a chip on his shoulder and a udfa from Nowhere, Minnesota who made it on grit.   Spend the high picks on linemen and defense, Ricky.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
5th rounder for Tready - I'd jump on it if I were R.S.   That deal would be what we call slick, Rick!
Jesus, guys, Rick is not going to take a 5th rounder for a perfectly healthy, former 1st round draft pick in his 2nd season, on his 1st contract. It's way too early. His value is higher than that. But if we wait too long, a 5th rounder is exactly what we'll be looking at. 
Not sure I follow you.. you're saying we shouldn't take a 5th but then later on in hindsight we'll feel we should have done so if such a deal existed?

Wha? No. I'm saying that a former 1st round draft pick in his 2nd season is worth more than a 5th rounder. But if he gets to his 3rd or 4th season with no real improvement, then a 5th rounder is exactly what we'd be looking at. 

There is no way we get a 3rd rounder for him IMO.  I see a 4th rounder as only slightly possible, but a 5th or lower is what we should realistically expect to get for him right now.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"comet52" said:

Wha? No. I'm saying that a former 1st round draft pick in his 2nd season is worth more than a 5th rounder. But if he gets to his 3rd or 4th season with no real improvement, then a 5th rounder is exactly what we'd be looking at. 
Well, I guess I disagree because the worth of players once they are on a roster and there is tape and history on them is not really "where was he drafted?"  It's "how does he do on the field?"    If you draft a 1st round guy and he stinks, you can only hang on to the notion that you're going to somehow get ROI on that pick for so long.   Tom Brady went #200 in the 6th round, and 2 years after that I don't think anyone would say his worth was determined by his drafting position.   And in this case, I'll stick with a 5th as being what we could get now.   

5th rounder my lilly white ass!