Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford looks completely disinterested out there...
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Bradford should have never been out there. Wrong choice by the staff. He's not ready mentally and his knee probably isn't either. 

Why does everyone think this was Zimmer's decision to start him?  Everything that has been said to date is that this a pain tolerance issue for Bradford...  no one knows how much pain/discomfort Bradford has but himself.  It seems more likely this was Bradford's decision to play...  we can argue about whether Zimmer should have pulled him earlier in the game, but I don't think for a second that Bradford was forced to start by the coaching staff.
Because Zimmer has a history of shaming injured players (Sharrif Floyd, Josh Robinson). Even the fact that Zimmer tells the press, "It's about pain tolerance", is a form of applying pressure to Bradford.  

I'm sure it was technically Sam's choice - but given what we saw, it should NOT have been an option. Injuries are not always just about pain tolerance; sometimes a body is damaged and should not be strained or exposed to further damage. There is no way Bradford looked solid in practice, and IMO he was doped on painkillers last night. 

A good coach would have said, "Sam, it's not your call, you need more time to be good for the long term," and made sure his team could defeat a lousy opponent without him.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Bradford should have never been out there. Wrong choice by the staff. He's not ready mentally and his knee probably isn't either. 

Why does everyone think this was Zimmer's decision to start him?  Everything that has been said to date is that this a pain tolerance issue for Bradford...  no one knows how much pain/discomfort Bradford has but himself.  It seems more likely this was Bradford's decision to play...  we can argue about whether Zimmer should have pulled him earlier in the game, but I don't think for a second that Bradford was forced to start by the coaching staff.
Because Zimmer has a history of shaming injured players (Sharrif Floyd, Josh Robinson). Even the fact that Zimmer tells the press, "It's about pain tolerance", is a form of applying pressure to Bradford.  

I'm sure it was technically Sam's choice - but given what we saw, it should NOT have been an option. Injuries are not always just about pain tolerance; sometimes a body is damaged and should not be strained or exposed to further damage. There is no way Bradford looked solid in practice, and IMO he was doped on painkillers last night. 

A good coach would have said, "Sam, it's not your call, you need more time to be good for the long term," and made sure his team could defeat a lousy opponent without him.
Sam was medically cleared to play.  Its Zims job to put his best players on the field,  Sam is the superior QB and its not even close.  He didnt have it last night for what ever reason (we really have no idea what happened)

a good coach wouldnt hold back a cleared player from playing if that player says they are good to go.  he gives them the chance and makes changes accordingly,  which Zim did.

by the way... they did get the win. Wink

[Image: th?id=OIP.en7rc11ZuqU6u5cfPQyRCwEXDf&w=2...=4&pid=1.7]

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
As much as I know Sam has better arm talent than Case, I see the team rallying around Case whenever he's out there which to my eye is keeping us in games, especially shitty ones like last night. He's probably one of the top backups in the league. We are LUCKY to have him. I may be completely off with this prediction, but I think Teddy is going to be playing for us yet this season and Keenum will be our guy until then. It's just a feeling I have, may turn out I'm completely wrong.
I'm largely fine with Case, but he's had a couple of brutal games where he didn't have anyone "rallying" too long into poor performances.  I agree that we're very likely to see Teddy back under center soon, and we've seen how the team responds to him...I just hope that our downfield game doesn't recede with Teddy's re-emergence.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Exactly.  You don't blame a player who gives it a go.  The coaches have to make that call.  I'm relieved they pulled him when they did

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
As much as I know Sam has better arm talent than Case, I see the team rallying around Case whenever he's out there which to my eye is keeping us in games, especially shitty ones like last night. He's probably one of the top backups in the league. We are LUCKY to have him. I may be completely off with this prediction, but I think Teddy is going to be playing for us yet this season and Keenum will be our guy until then. It's just a feeling I have, may turn out I'm completely wrong.
I'm largely fine with Case, but he's had a couple of brutal games where he didn't have anyone "rallying" too long into poor performances.  I agree that we're very likely to see Teddy back under center soon, and we've seen how the team responds to him...I just hope that our downfield game doesn't recede with Teddy's re-emergence.
I'm worried about Teddy's mental state in taking a shot to the knee, as well as the downfield game you mention

As far as Teddy goes he hasn't practiced with the team (or any team) in like 18 months. I don't think it's a given that we see him on the field soon at all. I'd likely wager the other way in that regard. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: th?id=OIP.en7rc11ZuqU6u5cfPQyRCwEXDf&w=2...=4&pid=1.7]

Are you saying that fans stating the obvious should be shamed?  I mean, it was crystal clear from the first Vikings drive that something was off with Bradford.  Then it was abundantly clear after the first quarter that he couldn't be effective with his knee holding him back.  Why is everyone being so fucking sensitive about anything regarding Bradford? 
Personally, I think this team is MUCH better with a healthy Sam under center.  After last night, it doesn't look like he'll be playing until after the bye week at the earliest...  which sucks, because I don't see us as a playoff team if Case has to start the majority of the year.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

I think he went 1 series to long.  he could have been pulled earlier and I wouldnt have said much,  but IMO you have to give a guy a few series to find a groove and maybe that groove is enough to put discomfort out of your head.  Sam is in a prove it year and its only fair to give him as much rope as you can without hurting the team which IMO is what Zim did last night.
The last series it was obvious he stayed in one too long, but yes, hindsight is 20/20.  I don't think he was in a funk, I think he was off timing wise and wasn't setting properly on his deep passes.  Some sailed and then he got sacked and the pain set in.  But he tried to make a go of it.  From my safe perch behind a screen, I thought they should have pulled him earlier.  But what if Case comes out and sucks it up.  Then what?  All the keyboard coaches would criticize not giving Sam a chance.

I don't blame Zimmer for starting him but do blame him for how long they stayed  with the obviously injured player.