Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lions @ Vikings
(10-20-2024, 03:40 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Well, bloody hell...

I knew when we had to punt it away that last time...Sigh

Lions are a very good team, we couldn't close the door when we had the chance.

Really looking forward to getting a healthy TJH back, he could have been a difference maker. Not making excuses, the Lions won it on talent and grit too. 

IF you looked just at the statistics, yards, efficiency and even penalties, this game was razor close.

Doesnt make me feel better about losing...

5 and 1. I'll take it. 

That was a game we woulda, shoulda, coulda won, but still one helluva game. Folks tuning in across the country got their money's worth. I've been watching a lot of "other" NFL games this year, more than I typically do, and the difference in quality of play across the board is shocking. With all due respect to the lossless Chiefs, I think the Lions and Vikings are the two best teams in the NFL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(10-20-2024, 09:35 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: I'll tell you the one thing that just makes me shake my head when we play the Lions, as much success as Jefferson has against them, he is often been matched or surpassed by the success St Brown has against the Vikings every time we play. We haven't covered him since he came into the league as a rookie and you cant let him go for 12 catches for 150 every time we play. Double team his ass or do whatever you have to do to limit his impact. Make LaPorta and Jameson Williams beat you.

Goff too! Ever since he put like 50 on Zimmer's defense with Kupp back in the day, I feel like he's owned us. I know we've beaten the Lions a few times here and there in that time but when Goff is on it's surgical, and super frustrating as a fan and I'm sure as a player.

ARSB-- yes he's really good but I agree he doesn't eat every team alive like he does us.

We held Montgomery and LaPorta mostly in check which is something, but the two above and Gibbs really had huge days.

As so many have said, we easily could have won that game. It was a lot of fun, I loved seeing the team come back and almost win it. The dark side of that coin is this will be the question that hangs over the team the entire season-- Against elite teams, do we have the engine at QB to win? Earlier in the season, notably against SF, Darnold closed the game out with poise and we won. Yesterday, it didn't happen.

Good game. Aaron Jones is amazing, along with most of the FAs KAM brought in. And JJ I'm in awe of every week. It's unbelievable how good that man is at football. Love that he's a Viking!

For me the bottom line is that seem to be a big play team. Offensively and defensively. We're not a grind it out, move the chains team, on either side of the ball. I think we need to become better at this.

(Yesterday, 09:42 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: For me the bottom line is that seem to be a big play team. Offensively and defensively. We're not a grind it out, move the chains team, on either side of the ball. I think we need to become better at this.

I think this is right...It was very clear when we had a chance to close it out at the end and couldn't do it. 

This is a coach scheme/mindset as much as it calls for some improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Its not very sexy, but its how you win today (especially post season). 

Its one of the reasons I like The Ravens and think it'll be them vs Chiefs in the AFC CG

(Yesterday, 09:55 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I think this is right...It was very clear when we had a chance to close it out at the end and couldn't do it. 

This is a coach scheme/mindset as much as it calls for some improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Its not very sexy, but its how you win today (especially post season). 

Its one of the reasons I like The Ravens and think it'll be them vs Chiefs in the AFC CG

Think about how nice the tush push must be for Eagles fans. 4th and 1? Piece of cake. 3rd and 2? Dial it up!

Meanwhile the Vikings haven't been able to line up in a goalline-type scenario and run for a yard or two since... AP?

Not on this board, but overall on the 'Net its funny to me how fragile and insecure Viking's fans are. A 2 point loss to probably the best team in the NFC, maybe the NFL, and everything is in question now. Weaknesses are glaring, the team is a fraud and Darnold is a pile of shit. lol.

Certainly some plays that were unfortunate....missed opportunities....a defensive letdown or two. Just like most games every Sunday for all teams. Its always worse when you watch it live, because we put every play under the microscope and get a little short sighted. Other games have ebbs and flows. I think all the talk about a Darnold extensions was WAY premature, but some fans get excited. I have zero doubt they want to get McCarthy's play a above what we are seeing from Darnold and he has that ability: there's nothing Darnold has that JJM doesn't also have or even better in some attributes.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Darrisaw ... Wow!!!

[-] The following 3 users Like DeepFreeze05's post:

(9 hours ago)DeepFreeze05 Wrote: Darrisaw ... Wow!!!

I can only agree with your assessment, "Wow"

(8 hours ago)FLVike Wrote: I can only agree with your assessment, "Wow"

yea wow