Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts around the NFL, Vikings cuts
(08-27-2024, 03:03 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Wow.

Alec Lewis
@alec_lewis
·
1m
The #Vikings are keeping undrafted DT Taki Taimani on the initial 53, per source.

So it wasnt just PFF who liked him. Love to see LDR and Taimani in the middle of our DL for a decade. FWIW, Doogie was saying the Vikings were actively trying to trade for a DT.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

Here’s a link to latest cuts/roster info that gets them to 53) Arrow

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-uti...eserve-pup

(Tried to copy & paste but everything comes out miniature)  Angry

what was your favorite Lewis Cine moment?
The Vikings waived the following players:

S Lewis Cine

RB Kene Nwangwu

CB Nahshon Wright

OLB Andre Carter II

OL Henry Byrd

G Tyrese Robinson

WR Lucky Jackson

WR Jeshaun Jones

WR Thayer Thomas

DL Jaquelin Roy

LB Dallas Gant

OLB Bo Richter

The Vikings terminated the contract of the following players:

TE N'Keal Harry

CB Duke Shelley

RB Myles Gaskin

DB Bobby McCain

DL James Lynch

TE Robert Tonyan

DL Jonah Williams

The Vikings waived the following player with an injury designation:

WR Malik Knowles

The Vikings left the following player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

TE T.J. Hockenson

The Vikings placed the following player on Injured Reserve:

LB Jordan Kunaszyk

The Vikings placed the following players on Injured Reserve-Designated for Return:

OLB Gabriel Murphy

G Dalton Risner

The difference between “waived” and “released (terminated contract)”

When a team decides to cut a player, that player is either released or waived depending on their accrued seasons, which are counted as any season in which a player spends at least six weeks with a team.

Players with at least four accrued seasons are considered vested veterans and must be released. When a veteran is released, that player’s contract is effectively terminated and they immediately enter free agency.

Any player with less than four accrued seasons is subject to the waiver system, which allows every other team an opportunity to claim their existing contracts. Any player who goes unclaimed on the waiver system becomes a free agent and can negotiate for a new contract with any interested team.

With Michael Jurgens, LDR, Walter Rouse, Will Reichard, Taki Taimani, and Dwight McGlothern all making the initial roster Kwesi did rather well with later round picks and UDFA's.
[-] The following 4 users Like Greylock's post:

The final cuts have not been announced, but the Draft / UDFA class of 2024 appears well represented. So far:

QB JJ McCarthy (IR out for year) 1st round
OLB Dallas Turner (1st round)
K Will Reichard (5th round)
OL Michael Jurgens (7th round)
OL Walter Rouse (6th round)
DL Levi Drake-Rodgriguez (7th round)
CB Nudie McGlothern (UDFA)
DL Taki Tamani (UDFA)
OLB Gabe Murphy-Injury designated for return (UDFA)

Pretty good in the draft and hitting on UDFA's I'd say so far. Let's see what the Practice Squad looks like by late tomorrow and more important, let's see how many of these stick in three years.

It's well past cutoff time, and there are still 6 cuts to be announced.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

We need RB's...

I have no idea how much tread A. Jones has left and 17 games is a loooong season.

Probably bring back a couple of their 4 released backs to the practice squad I would imagine… Angel

I like the final roster. Of course it will change a position or two when the Vikings pick up some cuts from other teams. But this is a rebuilding year and many young players have stepped up and shown out. I liked the physical nature of training camp and the competitions the coaching staff set up.
There will likely be some ups and downs but I'm excited to see what this roster can do. They have potential.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post: