Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
More McCarthy love.....
(07-19-2024, 03:48 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Shouldn't matter. If Sam sucks early on and the team replaces him, it will most likely be with Mullens. At least for the first part of the season. They will tank the season before throwing JJ into the fire before he's ready.

I agree with this...

The reality is the proper development of JJM is more important than team wins or losses in 24.
[-] The following 3 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(07-19-2024, 03:48 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: They will tank the season before throwing JJ into the fire before he's ready.

They tanked the season in March when they signed Darnold instead of going after Jacoby Brissett (you know, an actual competent bridge qb)

(07-19-2024, 11:43 PM)RS_Express Wrote: They tanked the season in March when they signed Darnold instead of going after Jacoby Brissett (you know, an actual competent bridge qb)

Meh....honestly I'd rather have Darnold. Brissett is 31 years old, been in the league for almost 10 years. He is exactly what he is: an experienced, capable backup who can start in a pinch and not hurt you too much. He's better than Darnold in that regard. 

But with Darnold, there's a sneaky degree of upside that Brissett doesn't have. Darnold just turned 27 years old. And there's a reasonably good case to be made that his struggles can be attributed to starting too early and comically bad coaches and supporting casts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(07-19-2024, 11:43 PM)RS_Express Wrote: They tanked the season in March when they signed Darnold instead of going after Jacoby Brissett (you know, an actual competent bridge qb)

Nah. Jacoby Brissett?? lol. C'mon now. He'll be 32 years old toward the end of this season I believe the thinking was why not have a potential reclamation project with Darnold that, although the odds are extremely low, he may improve nicely with a nice offensive set up, compared to a dude that is what exactly? Just another placeholder for a highly drafted QB. 

Let's look at the stats of Brissett vs. Darnold this year.

Oh how far we've fallen @ QB in just a year. Might be a new low we've reached as Viking fans...

Comping Brissett to Darnold.

UGH
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

TWIT-ter is so aptly named...

Doogie offers a fairly benign and thoughtful opinion on the Vikings QB depth chart....and fans react as if this is some kind of attack on McCarthy. It's not that at all! It's just based on what we should already know about the Vikings intention to develop McCarthy slowly, away from timeframes and spotlights..to turn him into a QB with a rocket arm, 4.48 speed, and a Kevin O'Connell-level knowledge of the offense. Look, if the Vikings do this right, if they're patient, they could end up with something really special.  

Darren Wolfson: 
“If I were to bet right this second, I think Mullens is [QB2] week 1 against the Giants... Right now, as we sit here on July 18th, my bet is on Nick Mullens being [QB2] week one.”

Responses:
• This stinks of someone who has nothing else to write so he's just going to throw something out there for the rage clicks. If he actually thinks JJ is QB3 he should get far away from the Vikings beat.

• Koc literally just said there will be a Qb battle between Darnold and JJ so where is he getting this nick mullens Qb2

• This is why I don’t follow Darren.

I dont think its unreasonable to have JJM @ QB3 early in the regular season. Wouldn't surprise me if he moves up the depth chart as the year progresses.

Some fans are just not going to be patient.

Edit: whatever video it was that I wanted to post, I have no idea now what it was!

Gotta fix that link @Stickier...

I'd take Brisset's 2:1 td:int ratio over Darnold's 1:1. I hoped we'd sign him as our bridge guy but oh well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post: