Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horrible rumor going around today re: Khyree Jackson
(07-08-2024, 04:05 PM)medaille Wrote: Sucks that he died.  Just another lesson in “Nothing good ever happens after 2am”

100%. Those kids didn't deserve to die by any stretch and did nothing wrong......but the worst drunks/drivers are on the road at that time. Fights happen at bars at that time. Many Uber drivers don't work past 11 pm in metro areas because of the obnoxious drunks. You significantly lower the risk of shit going down by not being out past 1:00 am.

(07-09-2024, 08:16 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: 100%. Those kids didn't deserve to die by any stretch and did nothing wrong......but the worst drunks/drivers are on the road at that time. Fights happen at bars at that time. Many Uber drivers don't work past 11 pm in metro areas because of the obnoxious drunks. You significantly lower the risk of shit going down by not being out past 1:00 am.

Try telling that to most 20 somethings though...
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(07-08-2024, 01:09 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: So she Tweeted something about him when he got drafted, so she knew him.
Could she have been chasing after him that night?
I don't think that alcohol was the sole contributing factor...something was going on personally with her (and those three guys).  
So what is this then?  Vehicular homicide x 3 PLUS DUI?

Chasing or racing?

Clearly a lot of poor decisions were made and I'm not trying to victim blame at all because this is a tragic story. I'm waiting to hear more details and it sounds like we'll have those soon. Khyree and the others gone way too soon.

Let’s be real. The most likely scenario is that they were also drinking. Best case scenario is that the driver was a DD, although I probably wouldn’t have DD’d for my friends until 3am. Hopefully they weren’t racing. It’s a little too early for me to be putting all the blame on just the people that are still alive. Just got to wait for the facts to come out.

And to double down on a tragedy, there were two shot with one killed last night at the memorial vigil held in memory of the 3 boys.

(07-13-2024, 10:56 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: And to double down on a tragedy,  there were two shot with one killed last night at the memorial vigil held in memory of the 3 boys.

Wish I could say I was surprised...Too many guns in the hands of too many thugs. 

I am a bit surprised we haven't heard back from the labs by now...That toxicology report will inform much of what the prosecution does.

(07-13-2024, 10:56 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: And to double down on a tragedy,  there were two shot with one killed last night at the memorial vigil held in memory of the 3 boys.

Craziness.

Do lab results typically take this long???

(07-21-2024, 12:06 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Do lab results typically take this long???

Probably not. But there haven't even been charges brought yet. So I suspect they're waiting for the complete picture to determine exactly what criminal charges (if any) to bring against the driver of the Infinity before releasing any information to the public.

Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
The #Vikings plan to pay out the remainder of Khyree Jackson’s signing bonus to his estate.

Players will wear helmet decals, and coaches will wear pins, with the initials ‘KJ’ throughout the season. Jackson’s number 31 will go unused.