Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NFL Schedule
(05-15-2024, 09:25 AM)FLVike Wrote: Yes, Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, Peacock,...the list will be endless some day. Back in the 80's when satellite TV started to get popular I drove 150 miles round trip to watch them on TV.  Last season I did not watch all our games, which got easier after the 1-4 start. If they are on prime-time I will most likely watch.

It is really BS to pay for the NFL Ticket and then not be able to watch games that are on these premium channels.  When you buy the ticket it should include access to ever game, the NFL already has your money.  Incredibly greedy that they then make you pay additional fees on top of that.  NFL's level of greed is disgusting.
[-] The following 5 users Like JR44's post:

(05-15-2024, 09:31 AM)pattersaur Wrote: All of the negatives you laid out are valid but if you're the NFL and the NFL owners-- a business trying to make money-- you're going to try and grow the game, no? Going international is the obvious route to take. I don't fault them for doing so.

I'm in my 30s so for me the NFL has never been this niche sport we need to cradle and protect the sanctity of the game or whatever. It's always been huge and has only gotten larger as time has gone on. Someday it'll reach a saturation point and they'll have to dial back. Mark Cuban predicted they'd hit that point years ago lol and it just keeps growing. Until then I don't get too bent out of shape with the business practices. It makes me happy when they pull huge ratings because that means more eyeballs, more coverage, more random people at parties or work I can talk to and expect to be in the know about the games. I don't see that they're playing in a new place and think oh no it's the beginning of the end. Quite the opposite, for me.

BEAT THE GMEN!

I think there is a line though where doing what is in the best interest of the game and players outweighs throwing another few million dollars onto the burn pile. They literally have an embarrassment of riches yet keep trying to add even more games to the schedule, playing not one or two, but now several games overseas regularly. Thursday Night Football is a watered down, awful product that is stupid for player recovery/injuries and getting the best product on the field. 90% of those TNF games are awful for that very reason. Now we have the league farming out not just regular season games, but playoff games to various streaming services. As a fan, I'm tired of the leagues constant money grab and making bad decisions in the name of the almighty dollar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

Week 8 (Oct. 24-28)

Thursday, Oct. 24

Vikings at Rams, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime) (source)

Week 18 (Jan 4-5)

Saturday, Jan. 4 or Sunday, Jan. 5

Packers-Bears (source)
Vikings-Lions

Sunday, Dec. 8

Panthers at Eagles (source)
Falcons at Vikings (source)

Sunday, Sept. 29

Steelers at Colts (source)
Bills at Ravens (source)
Eagles at Buccaneers (source)
Vikings at Packers (source)

Smile 
(05-15-2024, 11:01 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: I think there is a line though where doing what is in the best interest of the game and players outweighs throwing another few million dollars onto the burn pile. They literally have an embarrassment of riches yet keep trying to add even more games to the schedule, playing not one or two, but now several games overseas regularly. Thursday Night Football is a watered down, awful product that is stupid for player recovery/injuries and getting the best product on the field. 90% of those TNF games are awful for that very reason. Now we have the league farming out not just regular season games, but playoff games to various streaming services. As a fan, I'm tired of the leagues constant money grab and making bad decisions in the name of the almighty dollar.

I definitely hear you and I agree with everything in principle, up until the last sentence. If I was tired of any of that then it'd be affecting my viewing habits. It hasn't reached that point for me, yet. I still watch every game I can find time too, including the crummy TNF or Sunday morning ones. Fantasy football and gambling have made all of the games watchable.

Maybe I'm just a sheep haha. I love most sports and have multiple favorite teams, but none like the NFL and the Vikings. Actually of all my interests, this is the only message board I belong to. For whatever reason I keep coming back here and keep rooting on the Vikes, year after year.

I don't know when or how any other sports league's schedule gets made or released, and I don't care to. But best believe I'm sitting here and checking X to get my offseason Vikings fix today. Shy

Week 1: at New York Giants (9/8)
Week 2: San Francisco 49ers (9/15)
Week 3: Houston Texans (9/22)
Week 4: at Green Bay Packers (9/29)
Week 5: New York Jets (London, 10/6, 8:30 a.m. CT)
Week 6: BYE
Week 7: Detroit Lions (10/20)
Week 8: at Los Angeles Rams (Thursday Night Football, 10/24)
Week 9: Indianapolis Colts (11/3)
Week 10: at Jacksonville Jaguars (11/10)
Week 11: at Tennessee Titans (11/17)
Week 12: at Chicago Bears (11/24)
Week 13: Arizona Cardinals (12/1)
Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (12/8)
Week 15: Chicago Bears (Monday Night Football, 12/16)
Week 16: at Seattle Seahawks (12/22)
Week 17: Green Bay Packers (12/29)
Week 18: at Detroit Lions (1/5)

First reaction--

W Week 1: at New York Giants (9/8)
L Week 2: San Francisco 49ers (9/15)
L Week 3: Houston Texans (9/22)
L Week 4: at Green Bay Packers (9/29)
L Week 5: New York Jets (London, 10/6, 8:30 a.m. CT)

JJM TIME!

L Week 7: Detroit Lions (10/20)
W Week 8: at Los Angeles Rams (Thursday Night Football, 10/24)
L Week 9: Indianapolis Colts (11/3)
W Week 10: at Jacksonville Jaguars (11/10)
W Week 11: at Tennessee Titans (11/17)
L Week 12: at Chicago Bears (11/24)
W Week 13: Arizona Cardinals (12/1)
L... ugh Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (12/8)
W Week 15: Chicago Bears (Monday Night Football, 12/16)
L Week 16: at Seattle Seahawks (12/22)
W Week 17: Green Bay Packers (12/29)

*this is when we collectively proclaim JJM the GOAT*

W Week 18: at Detroit Lions (1/5)

8-9, outside looking in with many fans including probably me wishing we'd started JJM from the jump. But we finish the season with lots of optimism for 2025, and that feels like the most pivotal goal of all for 2024, outside of winning a Super Bowl.

Biggest takeaway looking at this is that the schedule makers did Darnold zero favors. Things look tough early on, (on paper) and they put the week 6 bye in there as a cherry on top to tempt the team into making the switch. Looking at this I think it's going to be hard for KO to keep JJM off the field for long. Again, gut reaction. I reserve the right to flip my opinion once some of you smarter folk weigh in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

(05-15-2024, 01:54 PM)pattersaur Wrote: 8-9, outside looking in with many fans including probably me wishing we'd started JJM from the jump. But we finish the season with lots of optimism for 2025, and that feels like the most pivotal goal of all for 2024, outside of winning a Super Bowl.

Biggest takeaway looking at this is that the schedule makers did Darnold zero favors. Things look tough early on, (on paper) and they put the week 6 bye in there as a cherry on top to tempt the team into making the switch. Looking at this I think it's going to be hard for KO to keep JJM off the field for long. Again, gut reaction. I reserve the right to flip my opinion once some of you smarter folk weigh in.

Agree, it's a rough start. Weeks 2-4 are tough but weeks 8-16 aren't too awfully bad, depending on how good the Bears are. I'd be surprised if McCarthy sees the field at all. Not saying he can't or won't, but I really believe that KOC wants to give him a full year on the bench and I don't think our record, or how well we're playing (or not) will impact that decision much at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(05-15-2024, 01:54 PM)pattersaur Wrote: First reaction--

W Week 1: at New York Giants (9/8)
L Week 2: San Francisco 49ers (9/15)
L Week 3: Houston Texans (9/22)
L Week 4: at Green Bay Packers (9/29)
L Week 5: New York Jets (London, 10/6, 8:30 a.m. CT)

JJM TIME!

This is my take 100%. Though 0-5 is a real strong possibility going on the road. 

After that we cross our collective fingers and hope we got our guy. I feel optimistic, but only time will tell.

(05-15-2024, 02:20 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Agree, it's a rough start. Weeks 2-4 are tough but weeks 8-16 aren't too awfully bad, depending on how good the Bears are. I'd be surprised if McCarthy sees the field at all. Not saying he can't or won't, but I really believe that KOC wants to give him a full year on the bench and I don't think our record, or how well we're playing (or not) will impact that decision much at all.

No JJM this year thank you very much...

I agree, even if the team sucks it wont make KOC want to play him any sooner. 

The only way he sees the field is if he "absolutely wows them" with his play, his understanding and emotional maturity. He's handled the media well early on, but at 21? I dont expect it to happen in 2024. 

Ok, maybe the last game of the season.

I will add this; this might be the first time in a long while I go to a pre-season game.

Did you ever think a multi-billion dollar business can mess up the schedule?
If you go to NFL.com and select team schedules, they have us playing 5 road games in a row. The Colts game is at home and they have us at the Colts.

Actually this is the first season in bye week history that no team has a bye before they play us.