Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draft Week Rumor Thread
(04-24-2024, 06:06 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: And of course the bashing: 'I wouldn't take him in the top 10'.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011...-nfl-draft

I dont know if this dude is the next Big Ben or Blake Bortles...

I hate drafting QB's.

(04-23-2024, 01:33 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Maybe. But there are three top 10 WRs in this draft and not all teams agree that MHJ is the best of them. Bob McGinn polled 16 NFL execs on how they rank the WRs. Harrison received 11 number one votes, Nabers got 4 and Odunze 1. They'll get one of those three by staying put at 6, so it's hard to see the impetus for an expensive trade up for one of them.  

If what Schefter says is true about the Patriots only taking calls from two teams, the Vikings and the Giants, the only thing that makes sense to me is a 3-way. It may not happen, but I'd bet they're talking about it. It makes too much sense for all three teams.

More on this...

Chris Simms@CSimmsQB
Marvin Harrison Jr is a really damn good prospect. Malik Nabers is special. An overwhelming majority of NFL people I’ve heard from have Nabers rated higher than Harrison

(04-24-2024, 08:06 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: More on this...

Chris Simms@CSimmsQB
Marvin Harrison Jr is a really damn good prospect. Malik Nabers is special. An overwhelming majority of NFL people I’ve heard from have Nabers rated higher than Harrison

Some great, great WR's this class...I think Odunze is just a smidge below Nabers/MHJ.

Jayden wants to keep wearing purple:

"Jayden Daniels was given a high grade by many teams. While the QB is “cool” with Washington, I’m told in his “dream world” he would reunite with Raiders coach Antonio Pierce (who was an asst coach at Arizona State when he was a Sun Devil) or play under Kevin O’Connell in Minnesota. theathletic.com/5440564/2024/0…"

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/178...3992058131

Russini is as dialed in as any sports media person. I take her musings as I would Jay Glazer's. She says Vikes want Drake Maye.

Daniel Jeremiah just now on Twitter...

Was asked this question- what's the wildest top 10 rumor? Here ya go:
MIN trade from 11 to 3 with NE
NE trade from 11 to 4 with AZ
AZ trade from 11 to 5 with LAC

You dizzy yet?
So it would be
3 MIN Drake
4 NE JJ
5 AZ MHJ
11 LAC ?
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(04-25-2024, 09:20 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah just now on Twitter...

Was asked this question- what's the wildest top 10 rumor? Here ya go:
MIN trade from 11 to 3 with NE
NE trade from 11 to 4 with AZ
AZ trade from 11 to 5 with LAC

You dizzy yet?
So it would be
3 MIN Drake
4 NE JJ
5 AZ MHJ
11 LAC ?

I have been thinking about something like this and was surprised it had not been floated around as it really makes a lot of sense, the Dolphins did something like this a few years ago, trading down and then back up again to get Waddle.  If NE really like McCarthy more than Maye as there has been some rumors, this is the best scenario for them.

Just listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin on NFL Radio reporting the Giants are "smitten" with Drake Maye and that's why they are trying to move up with New England. They said the Vikings are essentially pigeonholed at #11 and they threw out the scenario that if the Giants are able to move up for Maye, they might look to move Danny Dimes to the Vikings with the agreement they'd pay half his salary and he could play in Minnesota for essentially $17 million dollars.

Talk about a mind blowing scenario..

(04-25-2024, 05:10 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Just listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin on NFL Radio reporting the Giants are "smitten" with Drake Maye and that's why they are trying to move up with New England. They said the Vikings are essentially pigeonholed at #11 and they threw out the scenario that if the Giants are able to move up for Maye, they might look to move Danny Dimes to the Vikings with the agreement they'd pay half his salary and he could play in Minnesota for essentially $17 million dollars.

That would put an end to the KAM saga.

(04-25-2024, 05:10 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Just listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin on NFL Radio reporting the Giants are "smitten" with Drake Maye and that's why they are trying to move up with New England. They said the Vikings are essentially pigeonholed at #11 and they threw out the scenario that if the Giants are able to move up for Maye, they might look to move Danny Dimes to the Vikings with the agreement they'd pay half his salary and he could play in Minnesota for essentially $17 million dollars.

I will bet everything I have that is not an ounce of truth to any of that.  Maye and JJM could both be there at 6 and Giants going with one of the top 3 WRs, they have done the best job of the draft smoke screening.

Just saw a "report" on NFLN that said the Pats were staying at 3 and taking Maye. Could be true, could be a last-hour attempt to get a bigger offer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RS_Express's post: