Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sams Status
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
It's not like the rest of the team sucks, like last year. We aren't sending Bambi out to be slaughtered behind a wet toilet paper line, where the kid is going to get blasted before he can plant his feet. We know what we have with Case. He's a backup. I'm willing to wait for Sloter to learn the offense so he doesn't have any restraints on the play calling, but he should have the play calls down cold in another week or 2 with reps in practice.

As for what's going on in Denver... It's been a QB shit show since the last year of Manning's tenure. Jumped the gun with Paxton Lynch, and certainly weren't going to dump their 1st rd pick for the undrafted kid. Why they tried to hide Sloter on the practice squad and were then forced into bringing Osweiller back is a mystery given what Sloter showed this preseason.  
Didn't they cut Sloter because they needed a backup, and got Osweiller for that purpose?
They didn't cut Sloter. They signed Osweiller after we took Sloter off their practice squad. Why they put him there is the real mystery. Rumor has it that there were other teams in line to sign Sloter too, which is why we tripled the normal signing price for a practice squad player. This kid was turning heads.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Too bad for Sam, too bad for the team, too bad for us fans.  Looks like we get killed again this week, dammit. 
I think we are still in this game as we will be for most home games.   our defense with a home crowd is a huge plus as long as the offense gives just enough to keep the fans engaged.  its the road games that will be the biggest challenges as well as home games against better competition like the Packers.  ( i know tampa is improved,  but I am a kid from the early days of the bucs and thats the team i remember :p )
Darned right Jimmy. The girls and I will be screaming our lungs out fot the team this weekend.  It's not over until it's over. We're kicking their ass Sunday.

Heinicke got signed by New England...Give it a month and they will probably be trying to trade him for a # 3   :p

Sloter didn't make it to the denver practice squad.  He was released to sign Osweiler.  Denver "tried" to sign him to their practice squad but too many other teams were interested.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
It's not like the rest of the team sucks, like last year. We aren't sending Bambi out to be slaughtered behind a wet toilet paper line, where the kid is going to get blasted before he can plant his feet. We know what we have with Case. He's a backup. I'm willing to wait for Sloter to learn the offense so he doesn't have any restraints on the play calling, but he should have the play calls down cold in another week or 2 with reps in practice.

As for what's going on in Denver... It's been a QB shit show since the last year of Manning's tenure. Jumped the gun with Paxton Lynch, and certainly weren't going to dump their 1st rd pick for the undrafted kid. Why they tried to hide Sloter on the practice squad and were then forced into bringing Osweiller back is a mystery given what Sloter showed this preseason.  
Didn't they cut Sloter because they needed a backup, and got Osweiller for that purpose?
They didn't cut Sloter. They signed Osweiller after we took Sloter off their practice squad. Why they put him there is the real mystery. Rumor has it that there were other teams in line to sign Sloter too, which is why we tripled the normal signing price for a practice squad player. This kid was turning heads.
We didn't take him off their practice squad.  We signed him to our practice squad after they released him in the last cut down.  If he was on their PS, we would have had to sign him to the regular roster.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:

We didn't take him off their practice squad.  We signed him to our practice squad after they released him in the last cut down.  If he was on their PS, we would have had to sign him to the regular roster.

My mistake. Even more mystifying what Denver was/is doing with their QB situation given it left them grasping for Osweiller on the rebound.