Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Dobbs is elite

lol, nice thread. Seems to have held up well.

Don't worry, we have a standing reservation for you after each loss. See you then.

he needs to be more consistant, but yeah much of what he did was elite

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Dude has been here 3 days and is still learning the playbook. Seriously now. I would like to see how you respond in this situation. Also Darrisaw is out and Schlottman sucks but please feel free to go on about it 
Totally. This is why I mentioned last week there are definitely some people enjoying watching the team flounder. I don't get it, but whatever. 

Quote: @"rf54" said:

I really dig JT's breakdown.  It showed this kid has the right tools and brain to be successful.  He processes very fast for 0 context.  I have zero doubt he will pick up on the opportunities he missed with KOC as his coach.  

Most importantly he threw a lot of passes with ANTICIPATION which is huge, especially as he learns the playbook and gets his weapons back (JJ and KJ).  

Loving Akers laying out the big DLineman at 9:30 and pointing it out to him.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"rf54" said:

I really dig JT's breakdown.  It showed this kid has the right tools and brain to be successful.  He processes very fast for 0 context.  I have zero doubt he will pick up on the opportunities he missed with KOC as his coach.  

Most importantly he threw a lot of passes with ANTICIPATION which is huge, especially as he learns the playbook and gets his weapons back (JJ and KJ).  

The other thing I would pull out of that?  KOC was talking him thru the reads.  JT is amazed that Dobbs knows where to go on many of those throws.  The fact that KOC slipped and let people know he was talking him thru might hurt down the road, but it is evident here.  Your read is 1 and then 2.  Dobbs made the plays and trusted the receivers and the coach, but that is some pretty impressive coaching.  Being a former QB probably helps here, but that is processing lots of information in a compressed space of time.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"rf54" said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcmGXa-Ick

The other thing I would pull out of that?  KOC was talking him thru the reads.  JT is amazed that Dobbs knows where to go on many of those throws.  The fact that KOC slipped and let people know he was talking him thru might hurt down the road, but it is evident here.  Your read is 1 and then 2.  Dobbs made the plays and trusted the receivers and the coach, but that is some pretty impressive coaching.  Being a former QB probably helps here, but that is processing lots of information in a compressed space of time.
Knowing them is one thing, throwing them is another.  There is a little gunslinger in that mentality which you have to have if you want to win.  Too much can be a bad thing (Favre, Allen), too little can also be a bad thing (Kirk).

His anticipation, particularly on the Tristan Jackson drop which could have been a TD was super impressive regardless of how long he's been on the club

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Dude has been here 3 days and is still learning the playbook. Seriously now. I would like to see how you respond in this situation. Also Darrisaw is out and Schlottman sucks but please feel free to go on about it 
Totally. This is why I mentioned last week there are definitely some people enjoying watching the team flounder. I don't get it, but whatever. 
It seems a lot of the Cousins Cult are going to be pretty butt hurt if Dobbs or Hall keeps winning.  God forbid they take this team to the playoffs and win. . . . a wild card game.

I've grown to like Kirk over the years but he is what he is and it's too limiting UNLESS you hit on a majority of your draft picks and build a cheap team with a premier set of weapons, OL, and defense.  If you have all of that, why do you need Kirk, plenty of QBs could succeed in that scenario