Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't want to overreact after one week, but.....
Question; You have the best WR in the NFL, so in a close game would you not throw more than a couple passes to him in the 2nd half?Well maybe I'm being too critical and negative, so let me try to be more positive.....................The last time that we lost to the Buccaneers by 3 points we finish the season at 15-1.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Don't want to step on toes, but maybe, just maybe, Cousins is not a really good QB.
Not sure what to say anymore about fans that blame Cousins for everything. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/RandBall/status/1701260226152825046
I'd be interested to find out what he's so hot about. Clearly it's not himself. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

Trying to read his lips; "I haven't learned a thing, I should have thrown it to Jefferson"

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
The throw was to KJO, couldn't really tell from the replay that he did anything obviously wrong, but Kirk definitely threw it to a different spot than he was going.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Leber sums it up....

https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/17...78109?s=20
I don't agree with his take that the OLine did a good job of not allowing penetration. They were constantly getting blown up. 
PFF grades of our interior would agree with you about our OL.

Also, Leber talks about how well the D played but PFF indicates other than Hunter the rest of the Defense recorded 1 hit on Mayfield with all the blitzing we did.  That is not good at all because he is not elusive, and their OL is not above average by any means.  Plus, our Def could not stop them when the game was on the line letting Mayfield run for a couple of crucial first downs.  TB had the worst run game last year, so I take little solace in us holding them to 2.4 a carry because they got what they needed when they needed it.  

The bottom line is that TB beat us at home by playing mistake free methodical football and we were out of sync and full of errors.  

Oh - one more Leber comment....that tie is something from the 80's, talk about old school Smile

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Leber sums it up....

https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/17...78109?s=20
I don't agree with his take that the OLine did a good job of not allowing penetration. They were constantly getting blown up. 
PFF grades of our interior would agree with you about our OL.

Also, Leber talks about how well the D played but PFF indicates other than Hunter the rest of the Defense recorded 1 hit on Mayfield with all the blitzing we did.  That is not good at all because he is not elusive, and their OL is not above average by any means.  Plus, our Def could not stop them when the game was on the line letting Mayfield run for a couple of crucial first downs.  TB had the worst run game last year, so I take little solace in us holding them to 2.4 a carry because they got what they needed when they needed it.  

The bottom line is that TB beat us at home by playing mistake free methodical football and we were out of sync and full of errors.  

Oh - one more Leber comment....that tie is something from the 80's, talk about old school Smile
Agree with the bold. It's too early to say, but the defense looks like it can be better this year, but damn, you blitz THAT many times against a below average OL, you expect it to get home at least once. Nope, not a single time. Vikings only sack was Hunter in a three man rush. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"FLVike" said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here. Don't want to step on toes, but maybe, just maybe, Cousins is not a really good QB.
Not sure what to say anymore about fans that blame Cousins for everything. 
He is a limited QB.  What can help him overcome his limitations?  A GREAT OL, hasn't been achieved while he's been here.  He's put up a lot of great numbers and has also had a significant amount of 3 and outs (lack of mobility does that).  He's been lucky to have had the weapons around him he has had since 2018 (Diggs, Adam, Jefferson, Cook, TJ).  

Plenty of QBs would put up strong numbers with those weapons.  

Unless we are building a GREAT OL, what's the point of having him here.  Should have dealt him for something this offseason and focused on a younger QB who can be mobile enough to extend plays and drives.