Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Jaren Hall
One of things he mentioned was his mobility giving him the ability to function well when the play breaks down. He feels he is good at off script plays. Vikings haven't had that type of QB for awhile.
I also like his completion to interception ratio.
Long odds against him, but seems to have a higher ceiling than many of the later round QB's.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Still Hurtn said:
Injury history was mentioned.. is that due to his dual use in college? 
Yep, that's a knock against him. And his arm strength.....which seems a little open to debate.
I just watched his combine performance and his arm seemed strong enough. He did over throw a couple on the long pass, but otherwise had decent strength and accuracy and made some nice throws.

Quote: @JR44 said:
He seems like a Taylor Heinicke to me, someone who could come in and win some games.  When Hooker fell into the 3rd, I didn't see any reason not to move up and go get him, especially since it doesn't seem to me that we got a lot of value with our 3rd and 4th rounders.  

I was thinking maybe we have our new Sloter.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
not to go too far down the rabbit hole, but outside of Hurts in the NFC, I dont know another QB I would want over KC: 

Dak?
Fields?
Love?
Goff?
Purdy?
Smith?
Maybe (big maybe) Murray
Danny Dimes?
Dalton?
Stafford
Darnold
Heinicke
For most of those I don't think you need the qualifier "over KC"

Dak, Murray and Danny have huge contracts without much return.  Goff was good this last year, but he has struggled once teams get the book on him.

Quote: @wiviking said:
@JR44 said:
He seems like a Taylor Heinicke to me, someone who could come in and win some games.  When Hooker fell into the 3rd, I didn't see any reason not to move up and go get him, especially since it doesn't seem to me that we got a lot of value with our 3rd and 4th rounders.  

Seems about the opposite of sloter.  There was a physical specimen with little between his ears.  Made for great preseason highlights against non-NFL level competition.

Hall may be lacking the physical traits in some aspects, but seems to have the mental capacity to be a long term NFL QB.

Quote: @greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JR44 said:

Seems about the opposite of sloter.  There was a physical specimen with little between his ears.  Made for great preseason highlights against non-NFL level competition.

Hall may be lacking the physical traits in some aspects, but seems to have the mental capacity to be a long term NFL QB.
Exactly, I'd call him the anti-Sloter actually.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JR44 said:

I was thinking more along the line of how the board is going to react to him. Some will be banging a drum for him after Cousins throws a pick.

@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JR44 said:

I was thinking more along the line of how the board is going to react to him. Some will be banging a drum for him after Cousins throws a pick.
That will likely be true.  Glad he isn't a first round pick, then it would be when Cousins arrives at camp.

@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JR44 said:

Hardly unique to sloter,  the backup QB is the most popular player on any team that doesn't have a franchise QB.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@wiviking said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JR44 said:

Hardly unique to sloter,  the backup QB is the most popular player on any team that doesn't have a franchise QB.
That doesn't explain why sloter was popular.