Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking fans lead the NFL in Negativity
Imagine that, the most popular thread on the board is about negativity.

[Image: vsyd29y2qbem.png]

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
We are the Charlie Brown of the NFL.  
It's why I kind of laugh when I hear people trying to preach "patience" as it relates to the front office and assembling this roster. I've been patient for 46 years (many of us much longer) and patience isn't my strong suit at this point in my fandom. I've seen this roster rebuilt under new management more times then I'd like to count over the years. I'd almost be willing to bet there are more posters on this board who have never seen this team in a Super Bowl than those that have. So yes, the fact that we aren't a happy bunch is hardly surprising 
I hear what you are saying. It is to the point that I am jealous of Viking fans that at least were able to see them go to a Super Bowl or 4.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
It's why I kind of laugh when I hear people trying to preach "patience" as it relates to the front office and assembling this roster. I've been patient for 46 years (many of us much longer) and patience isn't my strong suit at this point in my fandom. I've seen this roster rebuilt under new management more times then I'd like to count over the years. I'd almost be willing to bet there are more posters on this board who have never seen this team in a Super Bowl than those that have. So yes, the fact that we aren't a happy bunch is hardly surprising 
I hear what you are saying. It is to the point that I am jealous of Viking fans that at least were able to see them go to a Super Bowl or 4.
Believe me the experiences weren't very enjoyable, but at least they were there.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I'm still pissed at Gary Anderson.  The MFer better not see me in a dark alley. 
I feel the same way about Robert Smith.  For all the talk about how “smart” he is / was, he sure was pretty damn stupid playing situational football.....

....fucker

Quote: @greediron said:
No it isn't! 

(Sticky brings back contrarianism)

Rip Van Viking fell asleep in 1978 and woke up 45 years later.  He thought "Heck we went to 4 Super Bowls in the last 9 years before I dozed off, we musta been to 20 since then and surely we've won one or two at least!"

When he learned the truth he fell back asleep.

It makes sense too because of Minnesota nice, the anger gets redirected through sports 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
Agreed. I was like 3 months old the last time they played in a Super Bowl. Just seeing them play in one and be involved in all the pre-game hype would be something to see. I guess the good thing is if/when they ever do make one, those of us that are still around will bask in it like no other fanbase in sports. It will be one of the greatest stories in sports history and we as the fanbase would get to be a part of that. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
No it isn't! 

(Sticky brings back contrarianism)
Keep it up, and it will be.

I went back and checked after posting this and realized it wasn't.  But have to leave something for the contrarians.