Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings signing Byron Murphy
Quote: @"FLVike" said:
I guess pick 23 will be Defensive line or Linebacker.
We still have to sign Shelley, otherwise CB would be in play as well. Assuming we do sign him, I think it's a trade down into an DL, ILB...or even a QB like Hooker. 

still need a  #2 wr

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"FLVike" said:
We still have to sign Shelley, otherwise CB would be in play as well. Assuming we do sign him, I think it's a trade down into an DL, ILB...or even a QB like Hooker. 
On board with this plan. I'd also throw in WR if the right guy is there. Obviously another Jefferson is too much to wish for but if we could get him a good running mate for a cheap price for the next 4-5 years, there's a lot of value in that. AJ Brown ($$$) and Devonte Smith ($) were an excellent pair in Philly this year. Same for Hill/Waddle in MIA.

@"FLVike" said:
I expect a trade back to get another pick. I'm a build from the trenches back guy, but would be delighted if Hooker was still there and they took him.

warming to the ideal of hooker

@"FLVike" said:
QB just about has to be part of our day 2 plans.  Not high enough to necessitate starting year 1,  but high enough to tell the Cousins camp that they no longer have the conch.   Unfortunately i don't see an equitable path to trading out of the first with high enough picks to address a future QB prospect as well as a potential player that makes a year one impact at a position of need.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FLVike" said:
I expect a trade back to get another pick. I'm a build from the trenches back guy, but would be delighted if Hooker was still there and they took him.
Based on last year and the sheer dearth of picks this year? I am as well, just depends how the board falls....

Quote: @"Viking1987" said:
Love me some Hookers, errr Hooker...but I probably wouldn't spend a first round pick on him. A trade back into the second round would make sense if we went that route

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
Love me some Hookers, errr Hooker...but I probably wouldn't spend a first round pick on him. A trade back into the second round would make sense if we went that route
Ideally. But the Hooker buzz is starting to pick up steam. He probably should go in the 2nd, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went in the 1st. That 5th year option is big for QBs. If Hooker's their target, they have to be real careful about not trading down too far. 

@"supafreak84" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
Ideally. But the Hooker buzz is starting to pick up steam. He probably should go in the 2nd, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went in the 1st. That 5th year option is big for QBs. If Hooker's their target, they have to be real careful about not trading down too far. 
Agree totally. If this guy is Minnesota's target....IF....don't get too cute about it and fuck it up.