Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated: Where we're at with the Cap
Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
I predict that Jalen Reagor will be cut.  $2,419,000 cap space.  He did not impress, and someone else must be able to field punts.  One of Cousins' 14 picks was his fault when he stopped running his route.  We could quickly end up being $30mm under the cap.
Agreed.

Really want to shake it up? Sign Cousins for one more year and maneuver to get QB Anthony Richardson. 

I'm like everyone else, I love all the guy's that we released, but it is time to start paying players for what they can do, as opposed to what they have done.  I don't doubt that these guys will go on to have success elsewhere, but its time for us to get younger and mold the team to the new vision. 

If Harry is let go, its gonna break my heart.  Love that fricken dude. 

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
I predict that Jalen Reagor will be cut.  $2,419,000 cap space.  He did not impress, and someone else must be able to field punts.  One of Cousins' 14 picks was his fault when he stopped running his route.  We could quickly end up being $30mm under the cap.
actually both of KCs picks that day were on Reagor IIRC.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Montana Tom" said:
Agreed.

Really want to shake it up? Sign Cousins for one more year and maneuver to get QB Anthony Richardson. 
Shaking it up would be trading him right now. Smile

After the Danzler cut:

Total Cap Liabilities: $229,033,619
  • Top 51: $208,760,958
  • Team Cap Space: ($7,436,216)
  • Offense: $113,876,167
  • Defense: $94,763,125
  • Special: $871,666

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Montana Tom" said:
Agreed.

Well Cousins or any other QB isn't likely to sign a one yr. deal, and does anybody really get inspired by a guy calling himself Cam Jackson given where he is and where they are?[Image: kn7ibcsc5ss7.gif]

Kind of interesting that the Vikings didn’t designate the Thielen cut as post June 1st, could of had alot more space this season. Are the Vikings clearing space for 2024?

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Kind of interesting that the Vikings didn’t designate the Thielen cut as post June 1st, could of had alot more space this season. Are the Vikings clearing space for 2024?

One last run with the Captain and then retool next year?

Quote: @"El_Padre" said:
@"Kentis" said:

One last run with the Captain and then retool next year?
It's possible. I read the Vikings rank 5th in most cap space in 2024. 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
I read somewhere that after the cuts of AT and Cam they were nearly $120 million under the cap for 2024.