Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I've watched a lot of Richardson and think he is worth taking anywhere outside of the top-5. Sure, there is a lot of inconsistency to his game but if you look at arm talent, size, and athletic ability he does what a lot of NFL QBs can't do. That is worth something. Accuracy is the common concern but he has some Josh Allen to that. Allen struggled with accuracy because of his base and his inability to layer the ball (E.G threw everything on a line). Richardson, same problem. He lives on his arm too much and will sacrifice resetting. That doesn't mean he will improve, but there is at least a chance. On the field he processes' surprisingly quickly and some of his flashes moving in the pocket are insane. 

There is a lot of bad/unknown. But if you just take draft range and look at say Kenny Pickett a year ago and Richardson, the floors are very different. You're talking serviceable low-end starter (Pickett) vs straight-up unplayable (Richardson). But speaking upside Pickett is a good top 15ish QB. Richardson if he hits his ceiling easily is a top 10 QB with the potential to go higher. Albeit I don't see much of a middle ground. 
Maybe anywhere outside the first 2 rounds. 13 starts as a college QB is barely a season of experience. His sophomore year he had a chance to take over and had a breakout game followed by injuries. Maybe more eye popping than his high incompletion percentage was his TD/INT ratio. 24-15. That's not just because of his base or throwing on a line. That shows a lack of awareness and ability to read a defense. That's breathtakingly bad. 

Really interested to see how the draft process plays out for this kid.

The league and fans seem to be in love with runners who throw once in a while.  But the stars in this league are mostly throwers who run once in a while. 

Guys like Richardson who aren't accurate in college generally stay that way.  Josh Allen is an outlier -- because Brian Daboll apparently is a miracle worker.  He made Josh Allen accurate, and he's in the process of making Daniel Jones wealthy... crazy.

Quote: @comet52 said:
The league and fans seem to be in love with runners who throw once in a while.  But the stars in this league are mostly throwers who run once in a while. 

Guys like Richardson who aren't accurate in college generally stay that way.  Josh Allen is an outlier -- because Brian Daboll apparently is a miracle worker.  He made Josh Allen accurate, and he's in the process of making Daniel Jones wealthy... crazy.
If the Vikings dont go with an RPO QB next? I will turn in my fan card..

Quote: @comet52 said:

Thing with Richardson is he does show he can throw well when his upper and lower body are synced up.  He just doesn't do it all the time and his accuracy suffers from it.

He's like Josh Allen in that way.  Allen used to throw with one speed and that was HARD.  He also made a lot of throws with sloppy footwork.

The interview process will be huge with Richardson.  Might mean the difference between being a first rounder and going on Day 2. 

Some players get picked for tape, others for traits. Richardson obviously falls in the latter group. Danielle Hunter notably had very little production at the college level and has been a great player for us. He was drafted in the third I believe, but unfortunately with the QB position you don't have the luxury of waiting. I agree with other posters: It'll be very interesting to see when Richardson goes and where he lands. I for one would not be upset if he landed here.