Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to get involved at the trade deadline?
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I'll just throw a name into the pool as I swing by for a moment - Daron Payne. 
Certainly fits the trend of acquiring players just before we play their team. And we do need DL help. But I gotsta say I'm hoping for a little more pop than that. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Interesting. That's a trade I could get behind. Fits a need for sure. 
Me as well.  A 6'3'' 325lb IDL that can rush the QB is exactly what I think this D needs.  Interesting idea, @"Geoff Nichols" .

I'd be ok with Payne.  Wonder what the comp would be?

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I like it more than going after OBJ or offensive help:

"Payne has been enjoying a good season in Washington. He has 3.5 sacks and had the fifth-most pressures among interior defensive linemen going into Week 6, per Next Gen Stats.
He’s also in the final year of his contract with the Commanders and makes a lot of sense as a trade asset for a team that is 2-4. His arrival in Cleveland would give the Browns added punch in the pass rush while addressing the biggest weakness on the defense."

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Certainly fits the trend of acquiring players just before we play their team. And we do need DL help. But I gotsta say I'm hoping for a little more pop than that. 
Why at this point?  This team,  this year, is not competing for the NFC.  So if Kwazy, is able to spin a team friendly new deal out of a pick....let's build for next year when Kirk understands this O and maybe we have a team that competes. 

Being reported the Broncos are another team that could be having a Carolina type fire sale and listening to offers on Bradley Chubb and Jerry Jeudy 

I would trade AT for Jerry Jeudy  B)

Dont think the Bronco's would go for that one...

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Why at this point?  This team,  this year, is not competing for the NFC.  So if Kwazy, is able to spin a team friendly new deal out of a pick....let's build for next year when Kirk understands this O and maybe we have a team that competes. 
I don't understand anything you just wrote there. Of course we're competing this year. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I don't understand anything you just wrote there. Of course we're competing this year. 
I was wondering about this too. 5 - 1 but not competitive in a relatively weak NFC, why aren't they competing?

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I was wondering about this too. 5 - 1 but not competitive in a relatively weak NFC, why aren't they competing?
This team has a long way to go to be in the realm of Buffalo, kc,  look back at week 2 and the ass kicking the eagles gave us.  I haven't seen any big strides since that game,  just weaker opponents.   The only decisive win we've had was against the packers and they haven't shown to be what they used to be either..

Sorry if i dont see our positive record as a benchmark of how good this team is.  Maybe if I start seeing some improvement out of our O I could get on board but about the only real positive that I have seen is the discipline.   KOC has these guys playing the best disciplined football I can ever remember seeing out of a Vikings team in terms of not committing dumb penalties and that right there is IMO the biggest reason we are 5-1.