Vikes Sign G Chris Reed
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
But can he play Center? Just asking for a friend.
Wyatt Davis can….
 It's possible Wyatt is a bust.
Possible? I know this is only year 2 for him but unfortunately it’s not only possible but probable that the dude is a stone cole bust. Hopefully everything clicks but until TC reports say he’s a different player than there’s not any substantial reason to think he’ll contribute. 
Just his pedigree...the fact that he was a 2-time All American from one of the best programs in college football and a 3rd round draft pick.

Stone cold bust is a distinct possibility, but right now there's no reason to think that his problem was anything more than conditioning. 
Your take is hilarious.  He had a entire NFL season to get in shape.  If he chose not to do so, you by definition already have another issue.  Add on top of that his large drop off in play and injuries that led to him falling down the draft board and I think there’s a little more than conditioning to be worried about.  I mean work ethic, injuries, and performance issues, coupled with not sniffing the field at our spot in most need all send up a few flags for me.  Maybe I’m crazy that way.  Lol
Which part of my take did you find hilarious? That he could be a stone cold bust, or that his problem may have been conditioning? 
His problem appears to be nothing other than conditioning?   Yeah, I’ll take that to the bank.  It’s not an either or proposition.  It could be numerous factors at work, as it usually is, but you’ve pinpointed the ONE issue that is the root cause. Of course, even if you were right, it would point to a lack of dedication as a secondary issue.  And I sincerely doubt you’ve pinpointed anything other than wishful thinking.

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Wyatt Davis can….
Possible? I know this is only year 2 for him but unfortunately it’s not only possible but probable that the dude is a stone cole bust. Hopefully everything clicks but until TC reports say he’s a different player than there’s not any substantial reason to think he’ll contribute. 
Just his pedigree...the fact that he was a 2-time All American from one of the best programs in college football and a 3rd round draft pick.

Stone cold bust is a distinct possibility, but right now there's no reason to think that his problem was anything more than conditioning. 
Your take is hilarious.  He had a entire NFL season to get in shape.  If he chose not to do so, you by definition already have another issue.  Add on top of that his large drop off in play and injuries that led to him falling down the draft board and I think there’s a little more than conditioning to be worried about.  I mean work ethic, injuries, and performance issues, coupled with not sniffing the field at our spot in most need all send up a few flags for me.  Maybe I’m crazy that way.  Lol
Which part of my take did you find hilarious? That he could be a stone cold bust, or that his problem may have been conditioning? 
His problem appears to be nothing other than conditioning?   Yeah, I’ll take that to the bank.  It’s not an either or proposition.  It could be numerous factors at work, as it usually is, but you’ve pinpointed the ONE issue that is the root cause. Of course, even if you were right, it would point to a lack of dedication as a secondary issue.  And I sincerely doubt you’ve pinpointed anything other than wishful thinking.
God, you're so weird. 

@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Wyatt Davis can….

God, you're so weird. 
Lol.  Way to argue your asinine assertion.  You said his only problem appears to be conditioning.   It was a terrifically uninformed POV is all.  Even if you happened to be right, it would be under the same logic as a broken clock is right twice per day variety.  Lol

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Wyatt Davis can….

God, you're so weird. 
Lol.  Way to argue your asinine assertion.  You said his only problem appears to be conditioning.   It was a terrifically uninformed POV is all.  Even if you happened to be right, it would be under the same logic as a broken clock is right twice per day variety.  Lol
Calm down, cupcake. I've said repeatedly that I don't know for sure what his problem was/is. We're all just speculating. To me, the biggest clue is that he's at a fat camp on a meal plan. But who really cares whether I'm right or wrong? That you obviously do is....really strange. 

@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Wyatt Davis can….

God, you're so weird. 
Calm down, cupcake. I've said repeatedly that I don't know for sure what his problem was/is. We're all just speculating. To me, the biggest clue is that he's at a fat camp on a meal plan. But who really cares whether I'm right or wrong? That you obviously do is....really strange. 
Umm okay, cuz a message board isn’t for this exact kinda thing.  You are the one who asserted his problem appears to be nothing more than conditioning.  It’s a ridiculous take given that conditioning is not going to keep a guy who’s a guard from playing one snap during an entire season.  It just MIGHT be a little more than that.  And, that’s all I focused on, just like I focused on your sexist and age discrimination actions in your previous bad take  not justifying passing a bunch of legislation for other people that play by the law, and don’t discriminate.  Also, please refrain from name calling.  That is knowingly against the rules of the forum..

All this talk about Davis and conditioning may be part of the reason he never saw the field.  But Zimmer had a habit of deciding his starters in training camp and if Davis was out of shape due to an injury or some other reason he starts off behind and in the doghouse.  Once the season starts practice time is limited to next game prep and doesn't allow a depth guy much time to show he can compete.  So again Davis is behind the 8 ball even though he may be ready to play.  Zimmer most likely knew he had to win to keep his job and wasn't going to play a 3rd round rookie on the offensive line, and Davis was never going to see the field with Udoh and Dozier ahead of him on the depth chart unless there was a rash of injury's and he is the last man healthy.  

As far as Davis getting on a meal plan and seeking outside help with his diet, alot of players come into the league and see what a toll it takes on their bodies and clean up their diets with help from a nutritionist so what's the big deal with Davis doing this exact thing?  Doesn't mean he was fat or completely out of shape.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
All this talk about Davis and conditioning may be part of the reason he never saw the field.  But Zimmer had a habit of deciding his starters in training camp and if Davis was out of shape due to an injury or some other reason he starts off behind and in the doghouse.  Once the season starts practice time is limited to next game prep and doesn't allow a depth guy much time to show he can compete.  So again Davis is behind the 8 ball even though he may be ready to play.  Zimmer most likely knew he had to win to keep his job and wasn't going to play a 3rd round rookie on the offensive line, and Davis was never going to see the field with Udoh and Dozier ahead of him on the depth chart unless there was a rash of injury's and he is the last man healthy.  

As far as Davis getting on a meal plan and seeking outside help with his diet, alot of players come into the league and see what a toll it takes on their bodies and clean up their diets with help from a nutritionist so what's the big deal with Davis doing this exact thing?  Doesn't mean he was fat or completely out of shape.
He didn’t allow this depth guy any chance whatsoever.  He also ended up starting fellow rookie Darrisaw who was injured all of training camp.  Want a good comparison from a trajectory standpoint?  Try Dru Samia.  How has he worked out? I hope somehow he fixes the things that were holding him back.  Perhaps conditioning was piece of that early on.  But to assert that we somehow can point the finger at conditioning as the “probable” reason for him not seeing the field last year is ridiculous.  Far more likely to be physical limitations and inability to execute in a zone scheme along with a slower than optimal learning curve and work ethic.   But no, he’ll run a few more laps and do some more sit-ups and be All-Pro.  Lol.  

I don't know if I would go so far as to call the man fat.

[Image: 649ee75a-7197-4f8a-8b22-4192d4f45861_text.gif]

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/SKORNorth/status/151...HmrFnQRfVA&s=19
in fairness... at least 2 of those graded below him are guys he is replacing,  so while he will most likely be an improvement, how big of one remains to be seen considering how far down we are starting from.