Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson To Denver
Sooooo. . .  Kirk to Seattle for a 1st (Denver's) and Drew Lock?  

Essentially they turn Russ into Kirk, grab another 1st, 2 more 2nds, a 5th, Harris and Fant

I want CB, DE, DT in the first 50 picks of this draft plus cap room

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
That's ridiculous they gave up way too much for him. 
I agree,  but they had to have somebody.  I have a feeling George might have just sealed his fate,  I dont think Wilson is the QB he once was and will not push them over the top and get them very far.   I could be wrong, but I still see Denver as battling vegas for third place in the west.

meanwhile... seattle is looing at some very nice draft picks for the next 2 years,  and enough ammo to make a run into the top 3 for next years QB bonanza if they so choose and still have picks and players to build around. good move by seattle.. .fuckers.
Seattle got a lot for him. Kudos on that. Denver could have drafted a qb last year. Wilson is 33, we'll see how much he has left.

Swing away George…!  Wink B)  

It’s so hard to find a franchise QB as there are only a dozen or so in the league. Wilson is usually around top 5 QB rating and top 10 QBR. This trade just highlight the demand for great players at the position. 
Cousins would likely return something similar in a trade. Maybe not all the players, but probably the picks. It’s super risky for Seattle, but they’ll have a couple of shots at replacing him. 

@pattersaur said:
Jeez! Good for Russ. He wanted out and gets his wish. True blockbuster. 
A team that recognizes the reality of not being as close as some of their fans think they are and are willing to hit reset when they still have assets that are worth something, to expedite the turn around.
Yep - Group 2 Smile

@pattersaur said:
Jeez! Good for Russ. He wanted out and gets his wish. True blockbuster. 
A team that recognizes the reality of not being as close as some of their fans think they are and are willing to hit reset when they still have assets that are worth something, to expedite the turn around.
Imagine that

@JustinTime18™ said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 3m
Drew Lock is a part of the trade to the Seahawks, per sources.
Lolz, should have just asked for another draft pick
I'm biased, but I'd take Lock over any QB they could draft in this class.

If Cousins ends up moving, which I still doubt, Washington and Pittsburgh are still possible destinations. Neither has a stopgap guy with Lock's traits. Unless Haskins grew up in Pittsburgh, which is unlikely. I have tiktok videos for proof.
what about cleveland?  are they ready to move from baker?  I would take baker, and a 1 next year for KC... to much?
Me Likee.  

Maybe we could get Baker and a 2nd this year and then thier first in 2023 (supposed better QB group).  Let's see what Baker has when healthy in a one year try out and we have ammo to rebuild.  This is what I have been advocating as the founder member (Putin style - self nominated) of Group 2.  I do not want to stretch out Cousins over a few more years, I have seen enough.  I am hoping the new regime sees it that way as well.

QB market heating up and as I have been saying...we will see what the QB needy teams thinks of Cousins.  Do they think he is a QB that can get them to the promised land like our Group 1.

Not all surprised by Rodgers back to GB.  Somewhat surprised by Denver going after Wilson which takes a team out of the Kirk market if they were ever interested.  

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
It’s so hard to find a franchise QB as there are only a dozen or so in the league. Wilson is usually around top 5 QB rating and top 10 QBR. This trade just highlight the demand for great players at the position. 
Cousins would likely return something similar in a trade. Maybe not all the players, but probably the picks. It’s super risky for Seattle, but they’ll have a couple of shots at replacing him. 
There is no world where the Vikings get even close to this return for Kirk with only one year left on his deal. If they did Kwesi should have a statue outside US Bank before the season starts. 

FFS, We aren't getting Baker a 1st and a 2nd for Cousins. 

We'd be lucky to get a 2nd for Cousins with 1 year on his deal. 

Can someone please explain why a QB who quite a few people want to actively get rid of is now somehow worth a boatload of picks? 

@Vikergirl said:
That's ridiculous they gave up way too much for him. 
I agree,  but they had to have somebody.  I have a feeling George might have just sealed his fate,  I dont think Wilson is the QB he once was and will not push them over the top and get them very far.   I could be wrong, but I still see Denver as battling vegas for third place in the west.

meanwhile... seattle is looing at some very nice draft picks for the next 2 years,  and enough ammo to make a run into the top 3 for next years QB bonanza if they so choose and still have picks and players to build around. good move by seattle.. .fuckers.
I agree this is a nice return for SEA but I think it’s a good deal for DEN. The 3 players aren’t a big deal and while the picks hurt, they now likely have secured 5-7 years of top QB play. SEA had some drama the past few years, I’d expect Russ to cook with a fresh start. Plus with Nathaniel Hackett as coach… I think he thrives. Tough division though for sure. I predict lots of primetime games in their future.