Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gruden is out
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@minny65 said:
Team owners are untouchable.  Hey they are Billionaires and we all know the more money you have/make the less likely you are to be a racist, misogynistic, or homophobic.  

The funny thing is I was never a fan of Chuckies act.  His record showed an average coach at best who was famous for his grin.  

Friendly reminder:

Robert Kraft owner of the Pats was nailed in a prostitution sting in Florida.  He is caught on video and audio soliciting sexual favors.  Anyone remember the outcome?

Charges dismissed, video destroyed as Kraft's attorneys got him out of it.  You know who did get charged and go to jail?  The very prostitutes who serviced him.

Ah Florida ... where even a child molesting monster like Jeffrey Epstein gets to walk.

Sooner people realize the only division in America isn't black or white, red or blue .... it's the rich vs poor and the dual legal system in place for it.
Florida has nothing to with it. Rich people make the rules and they have no rules. Its always been this way. 
Yup.  The problem for us is the rich and the politician groups are mostly the same group.

Quote: @greediron said:

Yup.  The problem for us is the rich and the politician groups are mostly the same group.
They are absolutely the same group, but I would tweak the thought to be something more like, the rich bribed politicians and allowed them into their club.  I think it's important that people remember that there's a corrupting process that happens, and that it's our job to figure out how to both remove corrupt individuals, but also to halt the corruption process.

Quote: @medaille said:
@greediron said:

They are absolutely the same group, but I would tweak the thought to be something more like, the rich bribed politicians and allowed them into their club.  I think it's important that people remember that there's a corrupting process that happens, and that it's our job to figure out how to both remove corrupt individuals, but also to halt the corruption process.
Yes, I was being a bit simplistic.  The rich "lobby" the politicians.  Those who play, join the rich club.  Congress is filled with "self-made" millionaires.

@greediron said:

two words.... term limits

another thought... get rid of the party affiliation on the ballot as well as the party line option that some states still employ.  if people are to lazy to do their homework on the candidates then they shouldnt be helped in the booth.

Term limits I think are a great idea for
politicians, but I think we also need to have some method for removing other
members of the government that aren’t serving us properly, such as Judges, individual
police officers, FBI, CIA, NSA, generals, etc.

Term limits I think are a great idea for
politicians, but I think we also need to have some method for removing other
members of the government that aren’t serving us properly, such as Judges, individual
police officers, FBI, CIA, NSA, generals, etc.
Much like the teachers union,  I think the police unions should be kneecapped as well.  Honestly I dont know that any public employee should have union protections.   If a private business wants to let themselves get screwed over by a union that's on them,  but when it comes to the best interests of the US tax dollar,  screw the unions,  get rid of the shit.

Too much in this thread to like...

So much to fix in this country. 

Looks like the Redskin cheerleaders are going after all the emails from the WTF organization.  I think we talked about this years ago, but the staff CREATED a video of the calendar photo shoot containing the "good bits" for Snyder and the upper level staff.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
@greediron said:

another thought... get rid of the party affiliation on the ballot as well as the party line option that some states still employ.  if people are to lazy to do their homework on the candidates then they shouldnt be helped in the booth.
And an age cap. I live in a state where an 88 year old is up for re-election...and he's probably going to win

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
@greediron said:

And an age cap. I live in a state where an 88 year old is up for re-election...and he's probably going to win
I dont know about age,  but certainly a mental capacity test of some sort.  There are 90 year olds that of a more sound mind than people 30 years younger.