Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble in the Land of Cheese
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Youngest O in the league with 3 snaps together in the preseason.

Not...wise.
McVay gave his starters no snaps in preseason...  with a new QB...  I don't know if I am buying this argument when plenty of other teams did the same thing Zimmer did.
With a first time OC, QB coach, and OL coach?

No.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Not...wise.
McVay gave his starters no snaps in preseason...  with a new QB...  I don't know if I am buying this argument when plenty of other teams did the same thing Zimmer did.

No.
I think we are overrating the value of preseason...  Let's say we did play our starters more and had more guys than Irv get hurt.  We'd all be pissed at Zimmer for playing our starters too much...   old-school Zimmer at it again...  etc.

The guy can't win...  we all knew going in it was going to take take for Kubes to find his rhythm (hopefully) with play calling and it was going to take time for all the new faces on defense to gel.

I guess I don't get the overreaction to Week 1.  The Vikings shot themselves in the foot repeatedly on one side of the football for an entire half and should have won the football game if Cook wraps both arms around the ball instead of letting the refs decide if it was a fumble or not.

@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Not...wise.

No.
I think we are overrating the value of preseason...  Let's say we did play our starters more and had more guys than Irv get hurt.  We'd all be pissed at Zimmer for playing our starters too much...   old-school Zimmer at it again...  etc.

The guy can't win...  we all knew going in it was going to take take for Kubes to find his rhythm (hopefully) with play calling and it was going to take time for all the new faces on defense to gel.

I guess I don't get the overreaction to Week 1.  The Vikings shot themselves in the foot repeatedly on one side of the football for an entire half and should have won the football game if Cook wraps both arms around the ball instead of letting the refs decide if it was a fumble or not.
I think you are understating the value of preseason when you have a ton of new pieces on both sides of the ball and several new coaches.  This isn't hindsight on my part either.  I said it during preseason thatI thought it was a mistake by Zimmer. 

I thought it was a mistake by Zimmer too at the time....Until they lost ISJ for the year and AT got dinged up. 

There's 50% of your starting skill players and there isnt much WR or TE depth on the team. 

NFW they were going to play Jet and Cook after that, no way. 

That said, didnt they play the starting OL quite a bit? And didn't KC get some time?

This might be the norm for the NFL in a 3 game pre-season and 17 game regular one?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Not...wise.

No.

I think you are understating the value of preseason when you have a ton of new pieces on both sides of the ball and several new coaches.  This isn't hindsight on my part either.  I said it during preseason thatI thought it was a mistake by Zimmer. 
So 150-200 snaps (total) across 3 preseason games outweighs the thousands of snaps the offense got in Training camp and team scrimmages during the off-season?

Looks like Joe Barry is getting a lot of the flack in GB...vs anyone else

@"minny65" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Not...wise.

No.

So 150-200 snaps (total) across 3 preseason games outweighs the thousands of snaps the offense got in Training camp and team scrimmages during the off-season?
they dont get to do near the contact and shit in practices that they used to,  live game experience would have to be weighted much greater than the snaps they get in camp and offseason practices.

@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Not...wise.

No.

I was with you until the "don't get the overreaction to week 1"

Has it been that long since week 1 last year?

WAIT a minute!!!!!!! Is that Aaron Rodgers or Slippery Pete?                                        

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Flarrybrownsports.com%2F...f=1&nofb=1][Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FQHDv...f=1&nofb=1]

rumors are Rodgers is going to be a daddy... I read somewhere last week that his whackadoo fiance was hinting around about having a baby and he said a few months ago that being a father is his next greatest challenge.. maybe he is more focused on that than FB?