Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT, vax mandate for federal employees
But...but...what about the long term effects of the vaccine? 

https://twitter.com/VinGuptaMD/status/14...74209?s=20

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I say BS whenever Biden says he is doing everything he can to slow down covid.  He never mentions the border, ever...  Surprised we don't hear more left leaning folks voicing concerns over the open covid door at the border.  Guess they really don't care...
Not sure where the border fits in the grand scheme of things regarding Covid control? Probably not high, but I'm not surprised to see it brought up by our more conservative purple fans.
(snip)

Let's see, if I wanted to spread a disease with a world wide incidence rate, I would allow easy border entry to untested people from many different countries and send them to locations across the US.  No testing, no quarantine, just let them move freely as they please.  Great way to spread infections and ensure any new variants are introduced throughout the US! Perfect!  What was the number, 1 infected person will on average infect 7 others?  Seems to be a very large hole that needs to be plugged if one is serious about preventing covid spread.

What is the covid infection rate of people crossing the border?  Do we know? No, they are not routinely tested.  Should we care?  Damn right we should!  With all the snark from Team Blue against unvaccinated people, one would think they would see the potential for transmission from unvaccinated, untested border crossers.  And follow up their concern by demanding that the administration immediately set up a program to reduce/eliminate this potential source of spread.  It would have to involve dramatically reducing border entries, testing, forced quarantine for the positives, follow-up testing for the negatives over a period of time.

To head off snark, yes, I am fully vaccinated and believe everyone should be vaccinated.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
I say BS whenever Biden says he is doing everything he can to slow down covid.  He never mentions the border, ever...  Surprised we don't hear more left leaning folks voicing concerns over the open covid door at the border.  Guess they really don't care...
Not sure where the border fits in the grand scheme of things regarding Covid control? Probably not high, but I'm not surprised to see it brought up by our more conservative purple fans.
(snip)

Let's see, if I wanted to spread a disease with a world wide incidence rate, I would allow easy border entry to untested people from many different countries and send them to locations across the US.  No testing, no quarantine, just let them move freely as they please.  Great way to spread infections and ensure any new variants are introduced throughout the US! Perfect!  What was the number, 1 infected person will on average infect 7 others?  Seems to be a very large hole that needs to be plugged if one is serious about preventing covid spread.

What is the covid infection rate of people crossing the border?  Do we know? No, they are not routinely tested.  Should we care?  Damn right we should!  With all the snark from Team Blue against unvaccinated people, one would think they would see the potential for transmission from unvaccinated, untested border crossers.  And follow up their concern by demanding that the administration immediately set up a program to reduce/eliminate this potential source of spread.  It would have to involve dramatically reducing border entries, testing, forced quarantine for the positives, follow-up testing for the negatives over a period of time.

To head off snark, yes, I am fully vaccinated and believe everyone should be vaccinated.
I’m in favor of everything you said there. 

On illegals, I’m not sure you can stop them and if you cant stop them you cant test them. But past that, youre damn right we should be testing at the boarders. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
(snip)

On illegals, I’m not sure you can stop them and if you cant stop them you cant test them. But past that, youre damn right we should be testing at the boarders. 

If it's illegals, how do we get them from going to places like Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, West Virginia, Alaska, Wyoming, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma..... or perhaps there just may be another reason why these States have the highest rates per capita adjusted for population, average per 100k , unless they are really secret sanctuary states that are hiding the humans you are trying to blame it on.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
(snip)

If it's illegals, how do we get them from going to places like Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, West Virginia, Alaska, Wyoming, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma..... or perhaps there just may be another reason why these States have the highest rates per capita adjusted for population, average per 100k , unless they are really secret sanctuary states that are hiding the humans you are trying to blame it on.
Way cool, according to BigAl, all the border crossers are totally covid free and they all come from covid free countries.  Nice!  Joe B. should go visit these countries and adopt their practices!  Woohoo, US will be covid free in no time!  LOL!  

Certainly they provide a risk of transmission to the residents in their new place of residence.  Not the total source but a potential source nonetheless.  Think of leaky boat with multiple leaks.  One fixes all the leaks rather just a few. 

@AGRforever said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
(snip)

Unvaccinated is unvaccinated isnt it?  Since we’re a nation of laws we should require immigrants to come legally and covid vaccination seems like a pretty low bar for entry diesnt it?  

Now all the other people you speak of.  They should also get vaccinated. 

@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
(snip)

Way cool, according to BigAl, all the border crossers are totally covid free and they all come from covid free countries.  Nice!  Joe B. should go visit these countries and adopt their practices!  Woohoo, US will be covid free in no time!  LOL!  

Certainly they provide a risk of transmission to the residents in their new place of residence.  Not the total source but a potential source nonetheless.  Think of leaky boat with multiple leaks.  One fixes all the leaks rather just a few. 

Never said that, anyone that is non-vaccinated is a risk, just saying it was more the American people who refused vaccination.  Are you saying un-vaccinated should be treated as illegals, sure seem so.

@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
(snip)

Never said that, anyone that is non-vaccinated is a risk, just saying it was more the American people who refused vaccination.  Are you saying un-vaccinated should be treated as illegals, sure seem so.
Nope, never said that!  My commentary has been been in reference to covid infected people crossing the border and being let loose across the country without follow-up.  Makes no sense that there is no testing or follow-up for those caught crossing the border.  Obviously, efforts are also needed to reduce the number of illegal crossings as well.  The administration needs to step up to the plate and Team Blue voters to be lighting a fire under them to get it done rather than ignoring the issue. 

@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
(snip)

Nope, never said that!  My commentary has been been in reference to covid infected people crossing the border and being let loose across the country without follow-up.  Makes no sense that there is no testing or follow-up for those caught crossing the border.  Obviously, efforts are also needed to reduce the number of illegal crossings as well.  The administration needs to step up to the plate and Team Blue voters to be lighting a fire under them to get it done rather than ignoring the issue. 

And that has what to do with mandate on federal employees?  My observation is its just another issue that right wing conservative Fs use to deflect from the real issue of the US failure to take the opportunity beat this thing.  You folk keep trying to change it another issue and blame someone else.  Okay, what you say people coming over the southern boarder are a vector covid is true, but on a scale of 1 to 10 in urgency, it may be a 3.   Look at the states that have the highest spread rate, very improbable it has anything to do the southern boarder migration.  There is another factor, vaccination rate, which has a strong correlation to Blue Team/Red Team.  You probably have more peers with red team, convince them to be responsible like you claim to have been, and help their country. You may accomplish something more important than victim posturing on a football board.  I mean red policy wasn't very successful prior to blue taking over with controlling the pandemic, we had a chance and the US just crapped the sheets.

@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:
@IDVikingfan said:
(snip)

And that has what to do with mandate on federal employees?  My observation is its just another issue that right wing conservative Fs use to deflect from the real issue of the US failure to take the opportunity beat this thing.  You folk keep trying to change it another issue and blame someone else.  Okay, what you say people coming over the southern boarder are a vector covid is true, but on a scale of 1 to 10 in urgency, it may be a 3.   Look at the states that have the highest spread rate, very improbable it has anything to do the southern boarder migration.  There is another factor, vaccination rate, which has a strong correlation to Blue Team/Red Team.  You probably have more peers with red team, convince them to be responsible like you claim to have been, and help their country. You may accomplish something more important than victim posturing on a football board.  I mean red policy wasn't very successful prior to blue taking over with controlling the pandemic, we had a chance and the US just crapped the sheets.
Nice deflection!  Hard for you to admit Team Blue could screw up isn't it!