Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings -3.5 Vs Bengals
Receiver Dede Westbrook was a full participant Wednesday. Appears set to return Sunday from ACL tear; "he looks fast," Justin Jefferson said. "The knee doesn't look like it's bothering him."

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
No way i could put my hard-earned $ on this game...
Week one is always filled with surprises. Probably not a good week to bet on any games, but I'm with Barr. I would be shocked and horrified if this game is close. But, hey, I'm a Vikings fan. I've been shocked and horrified before.  :#
I think this is a game where the Vikings struggle to cover, maybe to win...Just a gut feel I have coming out of the pre-season and historically how we play against the Bungles and on the road. 

This feels like another season where it might take 3-4 games for the purple to hit stride - even with the players and coaches all parroting the need for a fast start this season. 

So all emotional rationale, and I hope I'm wrong as hell. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The upside for Weatherly is he can earn $$ back. 2 sacks = $250K, can earn back up to $1M if gets to 8 sacks. #Vikings
Quote Tweet
[Image: dg0MhkXS_normal.jpg]
Weatherly in his last season here was a demon off the bench.  Played very well and platooning with Wonnum, Griff, and Jones, he should be able to have that impact.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
The upside for Weatherly is he can earn $$ back. 2 sacks = $250K, can earn back up to $1M if gets to 8 sacks. #Vikings
Quote Tweet
[Image: dg0MhkXS_normal.jpg]
Weatherly in his last season here was a demon off the bench.  Played very well and platooning with Wonnum, Griff, and Jones, he should be able to have that impact.

Our rotation is pretty tasty. Richardson, Grif, Weatherly, and the young guys? Deep.

I doubt we see Barr Sunday...Like I posted elsewhere, they better be ready to stop Joe Mixon as the first call to duty. Make them 1 dimensional and on the shoulders of Burrows to beat them.

Not having Barr hurts that a lot imo. 

[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
With Anthony Barr not practicing for the #Vikings today, I'm guessing he won't end up playing on Sunday. That would mean an every-down role for Nick Vigil against his former team, with Blake Lynch or Troy Dye the leading candidates to get snaps in base.
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Mike Zimmer talked about Vigil today with Paul Allen, comparing him to former Vikings LB Chad Greenway:

"He's very smart, his personality is the same. They're very quick thinkers. I think he's a good player, he understands his role and he understands everyone else's role."

[Image: NAD6UYWo_bigger.jpg]
Christian Darrisaw went thru stretching and individual drills before going into the weight room with a trainer at the end of the period open to media. He was limited yesterday so we’ll see how much work he’s able to get done today.

[Image: NAD6UYWo_bigger.jpg]
Anthony Barr was absent from practice during the portion open to media. He’s the only player not here. Vikings 6th round rookie, Jaylen Twyman, who was shot 4 times in June and put on the NFI, came to observe practice today.