Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh - KC/MIN
Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
68% of last year's offense has taken 3 snaps this preseason.

Maybe y'all should, god help me, R-E-L-A-X...
Is that good or bad?

With a new OC/WR/OL coaches, assuming some new plays, and a few key positions to fill on offense (LT,G,WR3,RB3) I think we could have used a lot more then the 68/3 snaps from our starters?  But I also think our low COVID vaccination rate played a roll as well. 

I hope we can flip the switch Week 1 because all signs point to that not happening!

I'm hoping for the best vs a very average at best Cincy team.   
I think Zimmer is gunshy. After the rash of injuries last year, he's scared to death to play his starters. Did we lose a few games that don't matter? Yes. But we did get the only win that matters: no serious injuries.

We'll see a totally different team in Cinci. I mean, c'mon, Jefferson v. Waynes, Hunter v. Reiff. Some good match ups to watch in this one. 

Quote:... Did we lose a few games that don't matter? Yes. But we did get the only win that matters: no serious injuries.

We'll see a totally different team in Cinci. I mean, c'mon, Jefferson v. Waynes, Hunter v. Reiff. Some good match ups to watch in this one. 
The proof will be in the pudding.  If we come out flat and unprepared and lose a winnable game that puts us at a disadvantage for a playoff run, did we make the right choice?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Is that good or bad?

With a new OC/WR/OL coaches, assuming some new plays, and a few key positions to fill on offense (LT,G,WR3,RB3) I think we could have used a lot more then the 68/3 snaps from our starters?  But I also think our low COVID vaccination rate played a roll as well. 

I hope we can flip the switch Week 1 because all signs point to that not happening!

John Harbaugh was unavailable for comment.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Is that good or bad?

I think Zimmer is gunshy. After the rash of injuries last year, he's scared to death to play his starters. 
I totally agree with this. Whether its the right decision or not, I don't know....but I agree with what you think Zimmer's mindframe is on this. 

I have not been impressed with Mond this preseason. He looks jittery in the pocket, he takes off running even when his protection has been good. But he looked pretty good on this final drive. Granted, garbage time, but....

https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status...27009?s=20

I have not been impressed with Mond this preseason. He looks jittery in the pocket, he takes off running even when his protection has been good. But he looked pretty good on this final drive. Granted, garbage time, but....

He was operating out of the shotgun, where he is most comfortable. The blitz was picked up well, and he had time to throw. I didn't see him working through his progressions much in that drive but I was happy to see him not hold the ball when being blitzed.
Right now he doesn't show me much, but he is a developmental QB, and these reps are valuable.
Time will tell.

IIRC taking off and using what the defense gives him was part of what they wanted him to do,  not at the expense of passing up open receivers,  but don't let the defense drop 6 or 7 back into coverage and leave 10 yards open underneath.   I know Zim doesn't want a running QB,  but the ones that use their legs to keep the defense honest have been a thorn to him. ( I would like to see Mond model his game after Wilson or Rogers in terms of how they historically used their mobility to set up plays,  but still kept a passing option alive as long as they could.