Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The one thing I can tell from this...
Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Best bet is to not watch games until September for they count.  Zim's teams usually play poorly in preseason games, expect more craptastic play over next two weeks.
 A direct reflection on the horse crap head coach

Quote: @minny65 said:
Only 2 Vikings showed up today:

Patrick Jones II and RB Rose.  

lackluster and brutal to watch.
Couple other players caught my eye. Some observations....

The bad:

* ISM is nowhere near ready to be WR3. He has to get better at 50/50 balls. His positioning is just bad. 

* As bad as Dozier was, Samia was probably worse. Those two should be gone. The ability just isn't there and the upside has evaporated for Samia. Dozier never had any. 

* Mond didn't look good in any of his drop backs. Big part of the Vikings offense is play action roll outs (think Lance pass yesterday), but I don't recall seeing him do this once. Made me wonder if they want him to sink or swim in the pocket first. 

The good:

* PJII looked good. But then he was probably the highest pedigreed player on the field for the Vikings. 

* AJ Rose ran hard. Needs to learn to pass block though. Missed the start of the game, so was confused why Kene wasn't in there. Hope the injury is not serious.

* Davis, Hinton and Cole held up well physically. Mentally they still need time. All three showed enough promise IMO to release Samia and Dozier with confidence. 

Colquitt was the only guy I was truly concerned about. Zim said as much as well.

Jones definitely looks like a steal.

Browning was putrid. 

Don't need to see another snap from Dozier or Samia. Not in a game, scrimmage, or practice. 

I want to see Davidson punt.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Couldnt care less how anyone looked...preseason. Denver played a lot of 1's and we played a lot of guys who shouldnt be on an NFL Roster (Dozier and Samia). I'm going to continue to enjoy my vodka redbull because I know this team has what it takes this year.
Really can't take anything from this game as you say. Its just kind of a travesty that they charge fans for garbage football like this for those in attendance.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1426720584914833416

This sums up the bottom 59 guys on our roster yesterday.

I've been saying this for years and I don't want to piss in anyone's cornflakes that enjoy preseason football: its f@#$ing garbage. Good or bad you can't make any judgments on anything. Fans will lose their minds in either direction, crowning players or eviscerating them. 

Wake me up in September and no major injuries please. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Couldnt care less how anyone looked...preseason. Denver played a lot of 1's and we played a lot of guys who shouldnt be on an NFL Roster (Dozier and Samia). I'm going to continue to enjoy my vodka redbull because I know this team has what it takes this year.
Really can't take anything from this game as you say. Its just kind of a travesty that they charge fans for garbage football like this for those in attendance.
You mean it wasn't even worth $3?????

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ttle-as-3/

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@StickyBun said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
You mean it wasn't even worth $3?????

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ttle-as-3/
I'd take 3 items off the McDonalds dollar menu before buying that ticket to preseason football.  :p

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've been saying this for years and I don't want to piss in anyone's cornflakes that enjoy preseason football: its f@#$ing garbage. Good or bad you can't make any judgments on anything. Fans will lose their minds in either direction, crowning players or eviscerating them. 

Wake me up in September and no major injuries please. 
I don't put much credibility in pre-season games.  I remember one year the Lions won all four of their pre-season games and blew out the other teams.  After the regular season, they were deciding who to take with the number one pick in the up-coming draft.  Another year, the Patriots got their butts kicked and lost all their pre-season games.  After the regular season, they were hoisting the Lombardi trophy.
The pre-season games are about evaluating players and talent, knocking the dust and rust off the starts, deciding who to keep or cut.  Don't rely  on the wins or loses and the scores.