Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't expect to see the starters much tomorrow....
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not much to take from this game...zero starters played, lol. What sucks is from 'a fan at the game' perspective. Was complete and utter garbage to pay to see that yesterday. If some fans want to try and judge any players from this, I say don't waste your time. 
I was watching to see depth and to see who might be making the team.  I probably watched 5 games this weekend so around 10 teams.  No team, even those that didn't play starters came out as flat as we did.  We saw the same weaknesses leftover from last year - bad OL, bad ST's, and a bad secondary.  

Hoping to see better and more inspired play from our 2 and 3's the next 2 preseason games.

No doubt, on paper, we have a playoff caliber team.  But we need some guys to surprise and step up even if just rotational and depth for injuries.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
Mond should not have played. 
Completely disagree. Why do you say that? Because he didnt look great? If thats the bar then no one on the team should have played

EDIT- Further, would anyone rather see empty Nate Stanley reps if he’s gonna be cut in 2 weeks? I genuinely see zero gain in that. 
Not because he didn't look great. Because he didn't look comfortable. 
well you dont get more comfortable by sitting on the sidelines. needs reps. best reps are game reps to get better
Couldn't disagree more. The best reps at his stage of development are in practice. Yes, eventually you add game reps to those and you develop even more, but it was clear to me he wasn't ready for that. Those 10 missed days killed him. He'll bounce back though...assuming he gets a solid week of practice in this week. 
That would have been ideal but because of dumb choices that was not going to happen. It is what it is.