Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB: What Zimmer Wants From F.M. Cousins
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
There may be some where a PSA might change some thinking, but I don't think that's a high % among those that haven't yet.

Pay em a $100?? I dont think that will do much either.

Only thing that'll work? Mandates and/or a variant with an extremely high fatality rate. In other words, they need to be scared to death of it or die from it. 

That sounds ridiculously callous, but I believe it to be gospel truth. 
It's going to be the health insurance companies that will turn the tide on this issue. If your vaccinated & get Covid, we'll pay your costs. But, if your unvaccinated & get Covid, you're not covered.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
There may be some where a PSA might change some thinking, but I don't think that's a high % among those that haven't yet.

Only thing that'll work? Mandates and/or a variant with an extremely high fatality rate. In other words, they need to be scared to death of it or die from it. 

It's going to be the health insurance companies that will turn the tide on this issue. If your vaccinated & get Covid, we'll pay your costs. But, if your unvaccinated & get Covid, your not covered.
Whatever gets these 'knuckleheads' vaccinated. 

[Image: tenor.gif]

@"purplefaithful" said:

It's going to be the health insurance companies that will turn the tide on this issue. If your vaccinated & get Covid, we'll pay your costs. But, if your unvaccinated & get Covid, your not covered.
^^^

This is EXACTLY SPOT ON!!

And where is the outrage of putting health care workers at risk again having to intubate these dumb-aszes and take care of em in ICU's?

Not to mention the medical resources we need to put against these people. Resources not going against car wreck victims or taking care of grandma having a heart attack and needing an icu bed. 

Sheesh...

@"purplefaithful" said:

I am all for that. Don't want the vaccine, cool. Want admission to a hospital? Sorry, pal. Here's a body bag and a dewormer, some Clorox, and a UV light. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I am all for that. Don't want the vaccine, cool. Want admission to a hospital? Sorry, pal. Here's a body bag and a dewormer, some Clorox, and a UV light. 
I laughed.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

^^^

This is EXACTLY SPOT ON!!

And where is the outrage of putting health care workers at risk again having to intubate these dumb-aszes and take care of em in ICU's?

Not to mention the medical resources we need to put against these people. Resources not going against car wreck victims or taking care of grandma having a heart attack and needing an icu bed. 

Sheesh...

Yeah, that guy who said he wouldn't get the vaccine even after weeks in the hospital and nearly dying from Covid, didn't seem to realize (or care about) the danger he put healthcare workers in, the burden he placed on his family and the hospital, and the cost involved in his care and treatment. 

That so many use Jesus Christ to justify such behavior is what really bugs me. The guy who sacrificed everything--His freedom, His life, for all mankind--seems an odd choice to justify such an incredibly selfish act. 

@"purplefaithful" said:

I really feel for healthcare workers right now. My sister is a doctor. She is burnt out and went down to part time recently. She was working 6-7 days a week. She was on a cot at the hospital. They were short staffed. She was working 16-18 hour days, sometimes more. Her husband is a doctor. He is burnt out too. She lost 3 friends and fellow healthcare workers this year. 2 to suicide and 1 to cancer. They need a break somehow. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
So Mond, who is vaccinated tested positive, but it is Kirk's fault.  Because the NFL came up with some bullshit rules to punish those who would dare to not follow the rules of the machine.
The rules are the rules whether or not we like them. They aren’t gonna change this season. Mond will be back 3rd stringing it up on Tuesday I think, whereas our $40 million man is out until at least Thursday. 

Kirk’s choice is absolutely handicapping this team. It’s his right to do so, but it’s frustrating for many Vikings fans.

Lamar Jackson is on the Covid list right now too, and Ravens fans are having the same convos and worries we are fwiw.

World will be a better place once all this covid stuff is in the rearview for good!

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I work in the Health Care field...GET VACCINATED 
My fiancée works in the health care field and sees adverse reactions to the vaccine every day.  My best buddy has a doctorate in clinical research for the drug and the RNA methodology is experimental in nature at best .  My fiancée's close friend's relative  is on the team responsible for creation of the vaccines and said for healthy individuals under the age of 50, the benefits are a coin flip at best.   New generation drugs are much safer and will be much more effective, and likely to be available as soon as next year.  Safer on a magnitude of 100:1.  Adverse effects of these drugs that are currently known would have stopped the tests and put them back into trials at this point.  The govt. is NOT fully distributing information detrimental to their cause. The govt is fact checking facebook.  Normal people with brains might start to question what the hell is going on here.  I love when people who are totally ignorant start to believe their one size fits all point of views should be adopted by society.  All that has happened is that one side of a shiny coin has been shown to a scared public, and those that live in fear so want it to be true that they now know it all.  Congrats on that.  
OK. Please help me understand the reason for the correlation (inverse I should add) between increased vaccination and low mortality rate and hospitalizations.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
I work in the Health Care field...GET VACCINATED 
My fiancée works in the health care field and sees adverse reactions to the vaccine every day.  My best buddy has a doctorate in clinical research for the drug and the RNA methodology is experimental in nature at best .  My fiancée's close friend's relative  is on the team responsible for creation of the vaccines and said for healthy individuals under the age of 50, the benefits are a coin flip at best.   New generation drugs are much safer and will be much more effective, and likely to be available as soon as next year.  Safer on a magnitude of 100:1.  Adverse effects of these drugs that are currently known would have stopped the tests and put them back into trials at this point.  The govt. is NOT fully distributing information detrimental to their cause. The govt is fact checking facebook.  Normal people with brains might start to question what the hell is going on here.  I love when people who are totally ignorant start to believe their one size fits all point of views should be adopted by society.  All that has happened is that one side of a shiny coin has been shown to a scared public, and those that live in fear so want it to be true that they now know it all.  Congrats on that.  
So your fiancé didn't tell you that over 99% of the people who are dying from Covid are unvaccinated?   Let's see a sore shoulder and some aches for a day or severe Covid implications.  LOL
And it's their choice...  Also, please tell any and all of us about the long-term side effects from the vaccine that have not been determined as of yet, but are of definite concern to the developers of the vaccine.   If everybody who is vaccinated is so safe, why are they worried if I'm not?  And I'm sure that 99% is fact checked by the same media and govt that has been lying to us over and over again to promote their agenda of choice.   Also 99+% of Americans were fine prior to having any vaccine.   But, that number's not fair, because it doesn't fit the narrative.

BTW, I had a very close relative die of Covid-19 who was not exactly in a traditional high-risk group.  The disease is real and it sucks.  It just isn't up to the government to be telling us how to handle our own care.  Next thing they'll require is a chip monitoring the number of miles we fly to make sure we're not killing everybody due to our lack of climate change awareness.