Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Your FAVORITE STUFF Growing Up....
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@BigAl99 said:
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1][Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]
That and cutting across Mr. Newton's lawn

yeah we had some modified rules with jarts, never took one directly but there were a few glancing hits.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
I was and am still into Lego.  "Bricks in Space" facebook group (rebuilding the space race in 1:110 scale) got me back into them.  It a dangerous rabbit hole though.  It can get quite expensive. 

Past that, I enjoyed growing and selling sweetcorn and fishing and I'm doing all that stuff.  I guess I never really grew up. 

I do miss snowmobiling from my later teenage years.  TN doesn't really have to many days that work for it.
get a jetski... its about the same except you dont get stuck.
Theres something about jumping 10-20 ft drifts on the line fences and that fresh powder after a big snow. But yes we’re very close to a massive lake. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vanguard83 said:
[Image: 524f3acb50c9b.image.png?resize=400%2C323]
When I was 12 I decided I was going to save my allowance and buy every single Elton John album. Started with Honky Chateau, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was 2nd. By the time I was 14 I had them all. Man I miss the days of album art and liner notes. Not long after, I discovered punk and new wave and let Elton go. It wasn't until recently that I began to appreciate again just what a genius he was in those days. 
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was the second album I ever purchased. Can't remember if it was lawn mowing money or snow shoveling. Then I discovered Led Zeppelin, the Stones, and the Who. 

Here was my first lp ever...
[Image: steppenwolf-gold-31.jpg]

Quote: @PurpleReign_61 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
AFX slot cars
Hell yeah!  Been a Vike Fan for over 50 years and a longtime lurker here, yet this post is the one that brought me out of my shell. 
I was into HO and then Auroa AFX cars big time as a kid. I was in heaven the year I got the Daytona high banked turns for Christmas! Thanks for jogging my memories of those good times!

Well glad we found a topic to pull you out of the shadows!! Welcome

I still remember the xmas I got one of these...Not as cool as the HO and Aurora stuff. I loved it so much I found one on Ebay as an adult and have it to this very day. 

I'm a nerd and actually have quite the 60's/70's toy collection. 

[Image: 537570037_tp.jpg]

[Image: 1y7t7vdh628d.jpg]

[Image: moqea4abmshw.jpg]

[Image: stt0hyj9mf37.jpg]

[Image: p8e73quiv117.jpg]

[Image: g1eq1g8jmnxj.jpg]