• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Don't Want To Be A Non-Vaccinated Player/Mediocre OL Coach
Quote: @Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Waterboy said:
Good old communism at work.  You shall abide or be put in the stalag.  
I get the sentiment as my own hackles were raised at first read on the regulations...

But these guys sign contracts to abide by the corporate rules or don't play the game. Their choice. 
I dont see it as communism at all.  Like it or not they work for a private business and of those business owners want to make rules for their employees or business operations the employees can go along with it or seek employment elsewhere.   This is free enterprise IMO at its core.  If enough players decide to walk then the owners need to decide if they want to amend their policies.
Communism may be the wrong term, but I see this as a federal govt on down led initiative, with the largest corporations all playing along against many peoples wishes.  Anywhere from 25% - 35% of the population want nothing to do with the vaccine, and it should not be forced upon them, either by govt or big business.  It's all good and fine to say employers can do as they wish, but that isn't true in reality.  Govt can step in in many areas to prevent employers from discrimination.  This is a form of discrimination that has some consistency with a persons religion, views on abortion, gender, etc.  Should a lady be banned from employment because she decides to become pregnant or to have an abortion?   We are talking about something as fundamental as a person having a right to do what they want with their own body.  I realize that some would view this as a leap, but it's really not, and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

Here's my stand

If you own a bakery and don't want to make a wedfing cake for somebody....that should be your right to say no and there should be no govt or legal issues at all.

If you own menards and you don't want anybody in your stores unless they wear a mask,  thats your right and anybody that refuses can stay the fuck out or get arrested

If you own a bar and want to allow smoking in your establishment,  that should be your decision,  and if your employees don't like it....they are free to seek employment elsewhere.  And the govt shouldn't be saying otherwise. 

I think the govt gets involved with to much shot already,  if you want to start a competing league that allows these players to play without shots,  nobody should be able to stop you from trying.

And lastly I dont think its anybodys business why they do or don't get their shots.  Its a personal decision with its own potential consequences and they are mature responsible adults who have the best medical advice available to them who have way way more at risk financially than any of the rest of us so if they choose not to I support their right to not get the jab,   just as I supported my wife when she got hers without being scared into it.

IMO its not political for most, (some it surely is) calling it is just a lame ass attempt to try and humiliate many who are not convinced yet that it is the best decision for them at this time.
Agree with a lot of this, only it’s all one way now.  The govt does interfere, and in this case it’s going into the realm of telling people what to do with their own bodies.  And, it’s spilling into a dangerous area.  For many, it is the right call not to be vaccinated, but a job is so fundamental to a persons livelihood, that it’s essentially a gun to the head.
you have a right to earn a living.... how you earn that living is not a right,  playing in  a pro sports league is not a right,  it is an honor as is any private sector job,  this notion that somebody should be entitled to a job anywhere is beyond my comprehension.   If my boss walked in today and said i was fired,  I would be pissed and hurt,  but it would certainly be within his rights IMO as a private business owner.  The NFL owners have a product to protect,  if they dont enforce madates that they feel protect their product that would be dumb.   say its not just a few players,  but half the roster,  and say they have miss a few games because covid runs the locker room,  and they transmit it to another team or two... suddenly we are back to where we were last year and no fans allowed in the stadiums or forfeited games and no playoffs.  Its their profit margin, not the govt that is dictating these moves IMO and that is why they are in business to begin with. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Waterboy said:
I get the sentiment as my own hackles were raised at first read on the regulations...

But these guys sign contracts to abide by the corporate rules or don't play the game. Their choice. 
I dont see it as communism at all.  Like it or not they work for a private business and of those business owners want to make rules for their employees or business operations the employees can go along with it or seek employment elsewhere.   This is free enterprise IMO at its core.  If enough players decide to walk then the owners need to decide if they want to amend their policies.
Communism may be the wrong term, but I see this as a federal govt on down led initiative, with the largest corporations all playing along against many peoples wishes.  Anywhere from 25% - 35% of the population want nothing to do with the vaccine, and it should not be forced upon them, either by govt or big business.  It's all good and fine to say employers can do as they wish, but that isn't true in reality.  Govt can step in in many areas to prevent employers from discrimination.  This is a form of discrimination that has some consistency with a persons religion, views on abortion, gender, etc.  Should a lady be banned from employment because she decides to become pregnant or to have an abortion?   We are talking about something as fundamental as a person having a right to do what they want with their own body.  I realize that some would view this as a leap, but it's really not, and it sets a very dangerous precedent.

Here's my stand

If you own a bakery and don't want to make a wedfing cake for somebody....that should be your right to say no and there should be no govt or legal issues at all.

If you own menards and you don't want anybody in your stores unless they wear a mask,  thats your right and anybody that refuses can stay the fuck out or get arrested

If you own a bar and want to allow smoking in your establishment,  that should be your decision,  and if your employees don't like it....they are free to seek employment elsewhere.  And the govt shouldn't be saying otherwise. 

I think the govt gets involved with to much shot already,  if you want to start a competing league that allows these players to play without shots,  nobody should be able to stop you from trying.

And lastly I dont think its anybodys business why they do or don't get their shots.  Its a personal decision with its own potential consequences and they are mature responsible adults who have the best medical advice available to them who have way way more at risk financially than any of the rest of us so if they choose not to I support their right to not get the jab,   just as I supported my wife when she got hers without being scared into it.

IMO its not political for most, (some it surely is) calling it is just a lame ass attempt to try and humiliate many who are not convinced yet that it is the best decision for them at this time.
I agree with most of this, jimmy. We can respectfully disagree on the vaccines to some extent, but the rest for the most part.....yep. But at the same time that it is within a private business's right to decline customers, that can be a slippery slope. What if a bakery owner doesn't want to sell to black people? Or have a separate area in the back to sell to black people? That's ok? Its not ok. Sometime the government needs to step in for the greater good. But too much government involvement is certainly bad.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Waterboy said:

Here's my stand

I agree with most of this, jimmy. We can respectfully disagree on the vaccines to some extent, but the rest for the most part.....yep. But at the same time that it is within a private business's right to decline customers, that can be a slippery slope. What if a bakery owner doesn't want to sell to black people? Or have a separate area in the back to sell to black people? That's ok? Its not ok. Sometime the government needs to step in for the greater good. But too much government involvement is certainly bad.
honestly,  I am to the point where I dont really care any longer... if an establishment doesnt want to serve minorities,  fuck em, we will go spend our money somewhere else.   with each passing day there is a new recognized minority group or other harmed group in some way.... fuck it,  we all can fit somehow with a group that we can get butt hurt over how the we are screwed over... hell,  I am left handed,  we only account for about 10% of the population and so many things are set up for righties, and it makes my life more difficult...  what can I get or what can we force on the private businesses to make my life easier?  ( satire for effect )

It would make me sick to see any business that excluded based on race, sex, etc... but at the same time,  i just dont think its the govts job to mandate how a private business operates,  and all the laws in the world cant change a persons heart or their true feelings and IMO,  regardless of what is legal or forced,  what is in a persons heart comes out in their speech and action,  so even if you force a bigot to serve a black person or other,  it doesnt mean that they wont let their true feelings be apparent to all.

I don't really care about their true feelings as long as they are not discriminating against someone because of race, etc. There are times that the government absolutely needs to step in. There is too much harm that can be done otherwise.

I think we are close to the point of moving this thread,  myself included are taking this somewhere that doesnt belong on the football board.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Waterboy said:

Here's my stand

That type of discrimination is covered.  They are not allowed to discriminate based on race, gender, ... based on federal law or statute.

Where the govt shouldn't be involved as in the case of the cake baking, is dictating what type of cakes a baker has to make.  Or an artist, what type of painting he has to paint.  As long as he will sell to all customers without discrimination based on the law, but he doesn't have to make a special order cake with something he considers objectionable.

Not getting Vaxed sounds like the perfect solution for Aaron...

Cole 'I'll do what I want!' Beasley had quite the eventful day on twitter yesterday. I followed most of it and the last posts I read referred to God's will and then something about retiring. 

It was oddly entertaining.

Quote: @Nichelle said:
Cole 'I'll do what I want!' Beasley had quite the eventful day on twitter yesterday. I followed most of it and the last posts I read referred to God's will and then something about retiring. 

It was oddly entertaining.
His tweet "Everybody is so all in on science now more than I have ever seen. What happened to God's will?" reminded me of .