Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GQP: It's Fine If You're A Pedophile, But Go Against Cheeto Jesus?
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Mask jokes and shots aside, do the conservative Republicans here really want Trump as their candidate again in 24? Do you really want his Nationalist, Trumpism agenda influencing the party doctrine on a forward basis?

I personally dont like the "far left" influences on team Blue, and I sure dont support Trumps influence on my old party of Lincoln...

I wish extremism on both sides wasn't so influential...sigh
well one thing that will keep the divide growing is the petty shit that takes place on boards like these.   the name calling is going to be the end of this board as I am fucking tired of people thinking they can get away with it because of .... I dont care,  if the civility doesnt return there will be immediate bannings coming.

Mask jokes and shots aside, do the conservative Republicans here really want Trump as their candidate again in 24? Do you really want his Nationalist, Trumpism agenda influencing the party doctrine on a forward basis?

I personally dont like the "far left" influences on team Blue, and I sure dont support Trumps influence on my old party of Lincoln...

So I'm not a good one to answer directly.  But I can say there is definitely a split in opinions on Trump for the face of the party and 2024 from the folks I've talked to that are hardcore righties. 

When the rubber meets the road though, I can't imagine him getting enough primary support to win the ticket again.  If I were a democrat I'd be hoping for Trump to run again and either lose in the general or split the ticket guaranteeing a win for team blue. 

I can also confidently say that politics is playing a LARGE part on
people moving.  Our real estate in TN has gone nuts because people keep
moving from the NE.  We used to get lots of people from the Midwest but
that has changed dramatically towards the Northeast.  Everyone I talk to
now days is from NY or NJ and has moved for political reasons.  They
openly say it without being asked.  Its never been like that here
before. 

Whats worrisome on that front is that we're going to further divide as a country.  You'll see states like NY become bluer and bluer and states like TN become redder and redder and we'll continue to surround ourselves with like minded people.  Never would I have ever considered that people would be willing to move hundreds if not a thousands of miles for political reasons. 

Not sure I want Trump as the candidate, I disagreed with him on many things and didn't vote for him in 16.  But what was good was the refusal to bend to the media whips.  The general right leaning populace is sick of the control the elite have.  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:

So I'm not a good one to answer directly.  But I can say there is definitely a split in opinions on Trump for the face of the party and 2024 from the folks I've talked to that are hardcore righties. 

When the rubber meets the road though, I can't imagine him getting enough primary support to win the ticket again.  If I were a democrat I'd be hoping for Trump to run again and either lose in the general or split the ticket guaranteeing a win for team blue. 

I can also confidently say that politics is playing a LARGE part on
people moving.  Our real estate in TN has gone nuts because people keep
moving from the NE.  We used to get lots of people from the Midwest but
that has changed dramatically towards the Northeast.  Everyone I talk to
now days is from NY or NJ and has moved for political reasons.  They
openly say it without being asked.  Its never been like that here
before. 

Whats worrisome on that front is that we're going to further divide as a country.  You'll see states like NY become bluer and bluer and states like TN become redder and redder and we'll continue to surround ourselves with like minded people.  Never would I have ever considered that people would be willing to move hundreds if not a thousands of miles for political reasons. 

SD is seeing a huge influx of people running from their blue states.  ( I think I read 70K in the last 12 months )  I deal with a lot  small rural  towns and they are all seeing a big upswing in formerly unoccupied houses being snapped up by people from the coasts.   The black hills is one area that has seen a huge influx from the west coast and colorado.  Homes right now are about 40-50% higher than they were just 2 or 3 years ago.  A lot of this is covid related,  a lot is raw material costs (inflation),  but the demand is definitely outpacing the supply in many conservative areas.  ( cheap cost of living is going to be a thing of the past )

as far as Trump,  hell no I dont want him again,  but I would very much support a candidate that will adopt many of his policies provided they dont come with such a combative and self inflating ego.   IMO in the case of Trump,  it definitely was a case of  shoot the messenger,   note the message.

We all know who's happiest about this country being as divided as it is?....

[Image: 220px-Xi_Jinping_in_2016.jpg][Image: np_file_73471.jpeg]

Both parties have their work cut out for them in 3 years.   If they dont really step up the level of candidates they have been presenting they better pray that the other party falls on their face as well.  IMO there is more than enough people on both sides of center that are sick of the status quo that they will rally behind who ever can talk straight and put the country ahead of the party and its donors.... without being a narcissist doing it for self gratification. 

Indeed.  And honestly, one of the overlooked aspects of the change in leadership here is the return to saber-rattling.

Like Trump or not, he didn't start any wars, was moving the middle east towards reconciliation.  Now we have the war monger central party back in power and not sure what Biden will say that may kick it up a notch is very concerning.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:

Indeed.  And honestly, one of the overlooked aspects of the change in leadership here is the return to saber-rattling.

Like Trump or not, he didn't start any wars, was moving the middle east towards reconciliation.  Now we have the war monger central party back in power and not sure what Biden will say that may kick it up a notch is very concerning.
Trump was a Nationalist and I'd say even closer to an Isolationist...His unwavering support for Netanyah in Israel was something that really irked me as well. This from a household that is Lutheran/Jewish too. Netanyahu needs to go. 

Maybe that resonates with you, but I believe that only way to combat Russia and China? Is via alliances with the West/Japan/NK/Australia.

Xi and Putin have a goal for domination militarily and economically. Eventually, Russia and China will begin to see each other as enemies too. Russo/Sino distrust runs quite deep. 

@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:

Trump was a Nationalist and I'd say even closer to an Isolationist...

Maybe that resonates with you, but I believe that only way to combat Russia and China? Is via alliances with the West/Japan/NK/Australia.

Xi and Putin have a goal for domination militarily and economically. Eventually, Russia and China will begin to see each other as enemies too. Russo/Sino distrust runs quite deep. 

Like I said, like him or not, the lack of new wars was a good thing.  That trend seeming to be heading the other direction is not.  

I am not talking personalities or even partisan politics.  Just the simple danger of war.

Alliances with the southeast and Japan are important.  I don't see Trump as an isolationist, his stance on China was strong, but that is what is needed to protect Hong Kong, Singapore and that southern sea that China is trying to own.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

well one thing that will keep the divide growing is the petty shit that takes place on boards like these.   the name calling is going to be the end of this board as I am fucking tired of people thinking they can get away with it because of .... I dont care,  if the civility doesnt return there will be immediate bannings coming.
Agreed! Civility also involves using proper language... you know not swearing all over the place and also not thinking this is all about "you".