Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DARRISAW!!!

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
I will give the Vikings credit in reversing course and investing high picks on the OL. They now have two 1st rounders (Darrisaw & Bradbury) and two 2nd rounders (O'Neill & Cleveland) on their line, which is a big shift from their days of building a line out of 6th rounders and rookie free agents. Hopefully that investment pays off.
https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/138...86080?s=20

Sooooo relieved right now. Wow. Slater going right before us had to rattle Rick but somehow it all worked out. Hope we got a good player player here. I think we did. Good job, Vikes! But wow they made us sweat.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Courtney R. DraftScout
@CourtneyRCronin
· 4m
Mike Zimmer said the Vikings wanted to not only add an athletic prospect to the offensive line, but add someone with size. They feel like that have that with Darrisaw, who is 6-5, 313 pounds. "Darrisaw has real long arms so that helps him going against some speed rushers."
Yeah, he always did seem like the perfect pick for us. No positional ambiguity, he's a left tackle all day long, longer arms than any of the other top tackles, already plays in a wide zone, adept at reach blocking, not just athletic, but bigger too which I think is a direction we're headed in. 

Really, really nice pick. And to pick up two 3rd rounders? Jesus. I'd be shocked if the Vikings don't move into the 2nd tomorrow. 
I think they'll watch that 2nd tier or edge rushers and interior D-lineman and move up once it starts thinning out. The extra 3rds will end up being great since they not have the flexibility not only to get into the 2nd but all the way up to the top of it if they prefer. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Courtney R. DraftScout
@CourtneyRCronin
· 4m
Mike Zimmer said the Vikings wanted to not only add an athletic prospect to the offensive line, but add someone with size. They feel like that have that with Darrisaw, who is 6-5, 313 pounds. "Darrisaw has real long arms so that helps him going against some speed rushers."
Yeah, he always did seem like the perfect pick for us. No positional ambiguity, he's a left tackle all day long, longer arms than any of the other top tackles, already plays in a wide zone, adept at reach blocking, not just athletic, but bigger too which I think is a direction we're headed in. 

Really, really nice pick. And to pick up two 3rd rounders? Jesus. I'd be shocked if the Vikings don't move into the 2nd tomorrow. 
I think they'll watch that 2nd tier or edge rushers and interior D-lineman and move up once it starts thinning out. The extra 3rds will end up being great since they not have the flexibility not only to get into the 2nd but all the way up to the top of it if they prefer. 
Yep, love it if they could somehow move into the early 2nd for Oweh or Basham. They may also be thinking backup QB. I'm fine waiting until the 3rd and 4th for the IOL. Op...there goes Oweh. 

Had the opportunity to recruit and offer Christian Darrisaw out of high school. Terrific human being, A+ attitude, and Day 1 starter at LT.

He must improve his play temperament on a snap-to-snap basis, but trading back and still getting him is a great first day for Spielman.

Rick is the F'in man!  Got the guy I wanted with a move down and 2 extra picks.  Unbelievable - IMO.  I have been grandstanding for Darrisaw for over a month at 14 never mind later.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
23. Minnesota VikingsChristian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech(Pick from New York Jets via Seattle Seahawks)
The Vikings moved back nine spots and still landed a quality offensive lineman in Darrisaw — a great fit in the Vikings’ zone scheme. I wish he were a more consistent finisher, but he has outstanding balance and body control for his size and should start early. The only question: does he play tackle or guard? The Vikings were expected to move Ezra Cleveland outside to tackle, but now they’ll potentially keep him inside at guard with Darrisaw at left tackle.
He a fuckin Tackle all day long who is that a quote from?

This comment about waiting for the Darrisaw pick is so accurate.

[Image: b0pjlbyky8tl.jpg]