Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Week To Go
https://twitter.com/i/status/1385243886184976387

Remember to warm up before screaming obscenities at the TV

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Follow up,
If they traded their '21 #1, '22 #1 and '22 #3 for Lance would heads explode? 
Yes,   and not in a good way. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

I'm a trained professional, I don't need to warm up...  Smile

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
Follow up,
Heads, cats, TVs, picture windows...
I'd be excited!
Trading away future firsts is such a high cost that it really only makes sense to do it for a QB. I'd rather have Lance than Sewell.

Careful what you wish for I know, but for better or worse this move would at the very least get the Vikings out of the "good-not-great" cycle we've been in since about 2011.
Lance is my favorite QB and I'd love to have him. Just not at that price. Vikings appear to be stacking their roster for a run this year. Lance would be great for the future--no doubt, something we have to consider--but I'd rather add a piece or two to the roster that will help our already-very-good QB win more games.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

I don't know.  I was so PISSED about the New Orleans game (lots of obscenities) that I actually had to leave the room and missed the miracle. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
Follow up,
Heads, cats, TVs, picture windows...
I'd be excited!
Trading away future firsts is such a high cost that it really only makes sense to do it for a QB. I'd rather have Lance than Sewell.

Careful what you wish for I know, but for better or worse this move would at the very least get the Vikings out of the "good-not-great" cycle we've been in since about 2011.

It sure would make things interesting.  I think with Lance you either boom or bust.  If he's the 4th QB off the board there has to be a reason because his highlights look great.  So what is he doing that for a kid who looks like he has most of it going for him is missing?
I mean maybe you just get lucky and he becomes the next Mahomes and we get to experience a Superbowl in my lifetime? 

Agree with most of these posts.

If we want to trade up to 10 and jump Giants/Chargers we would have to give up 14 and 78 from a points value.  So our next pick after 10 would be 90.  Is Slater worth the move up and a 3rd?  
If we don't move up to 10, then their is the chance that both Slater and Darrisaw are gone by 14?  I think there is a big drop off from Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw from the next tier.  I would look at AVT as the next but would also advocate for a move down to pick up a second rounder where hopefully Levi (Washington 3T) might be available.

So, the scenario's:

Move up:  Slater and next pick is at 90.
Stay put:  Darrisaw is there at 14 and next pick is 78 and 90.
Drop down:  Slater/Darrisaw are both gone at 14.  Let's say we can drop down to the 20's and pick up a 2nd.  Result:  AVT and Levi.  

Here is my order of preference using above scenario's:
1 - Stay put
2 - I am leaning "drop down" but depends a lot on what we think of Cleveland at Tackle.  AVT could be Tackle but I think he might be a stud Guard so are we solving the LT position?  We also get Levi and solve the 3T.
3 - Move up for Slater.  I do like Slater ahead of Darrisaw but I don't think I want to give up pick 78.

As an aside, check out the nightmare fuel on the left:

[Image: BB1fPPoZ.img?h=754&w=1438&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=618&y=247]

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I don't know.  I was so PISSED about the New Orleans game (lots of obscenities) that I actually had to leave the room and missed the miracle. 
Guy I was with at the game legit left after New Orleans went ahead. Granted, I was sitting there frustrated, silent, and was thinking why does this happen all the damn time. He said he was walking away from the stadium and could hear it erupt and still kicks himself for leaving.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Guy I was with at the game legit left after New Orleans went ahead. Granted, I was sitting there frustrated, silent, and was thinking why does this happen all the damn time. He said he was walking away from the stadium and could hear it erupt and still kicks himself for leaving.

It would have been easier on me to miss it on TV vs miss it in person.  But hey....he beat the traffic!!!