Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson might have other things to worry about
Quote: @Wetlander said:
You hate to make any judgements until all the facts come out...  but this story is feeling very Darren Sharper-esque.

I mean, 19 therapists lol?  They say where there's smoke theres fire.....but in the instance its like a California wildfire. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Follow up.  If you're making 100s of millions of dollars and you really need a massage.  Could you not find some qualified dude to do it?  You have millions.  You can buy sex if you're really in a drought.  Why even risk it on some massage therapist? 

Why would any rich dude get in a room with one female for any reason?
From the SI story, it sounds like he has a thing.  Not to follow the trail too far, but if you were a phenom athlete, millions of dollars, women wherever you turn... what would make it interesting?  A little mystery, risk and for him, perhaps a massage.

Quote: @greediron said:
@AGRforever said:
Follow up.  If you're making 100s of millions of dollars and you really need a massage.  Could you not find some qualified dude to do it?  You have millions.  You can buy sex if you're really in a drought.  Why even risk it on some massage therapist? 

From the SI story, it sounds like he has a thing.  Not to follow the trail too far, but if you were a phenom athlete, millions of dollars, women wherever you turn... what would make it interesting?  A little mystery, risk and for him, perhaps a massage.

Oh I realize the "mystery" of it per say.  What a douche bag.  If true, I hope he loses everything. 

well i dont know if i need a dude rubbing me down,  but you can damn well bet that I am going to have cameras rolling during that massage and likely a viable witness. 

but further more,  why would any man,  rich/poor,  whatever allow themselves to be in a position where it comes down to their word vs somebody else's,  especially a strange woman, child, whatever that could have an ulterior motive?

sometimes for work I am required to do site visits with customers to their customers homes,  my #1 rule,  if the homeowner isnt there,  I dont enter the place,  even if my customer insists that they have permission to enter,  i dont go in.   "what happened to my $500 on my kitchen table?  it was there when I left this morning"  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

well i dont know if i need a dude rubbing me down,  but you can damn well bet that I am going to have cameras rolling during that massage and likely a viable witness. 

but further more,  why would any man,  rich/poor,  whatever allow themselves to be in a position where it comes down to their word vs somebody else's,  especially a strange woman, child, whatever that could have an ulterior motive?

sometimes for work I am required to do site visits with customers to their customers homes,  my #1 rule,  if the homeowner isnt there,  I dont enter the place,  even if my customer insists that they have permission to enter,  i dont go in.   "what happened to my $500 on my kitchen table?  it was there when I left this morning"  

My wife and I go to a male osteopath who does muscle and bone adjustments (chiropractor on steroids) and I have no issues with him massaging me. He doesn't see my junk but honestly if he did, I'm sure he's seen worse.  I also have no desire to be in a room/building with one female.  Its just not worth it. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

My wife and I go to a male osteopath who does muscle and bone adjustments (chiropractor on steroids) and I have no issues with him massaging me. He doesn't see my junk but honestly if he did, I'm sure he's seen worse.  I also have no desire to be in a room/building with one female.  Its just not worth it. 

i should have said I have never been to a massage parlor period so honestly I have no idea how I would feel about a back rub from a man,  or a woman for that matter.

I did go to a female chiropractor once and she wasnt strong enough to get my hip/lower back re-aligned so basically all i ended up with was a bruised hip,  but I had a small male chiro have the same issue some time back.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

i should have said I have never been to a massage parlor period so honestly I have no idea how I would feel about a back rub from a man,  or a woman for that matter.

I did go to a female chiropractor once and she wasnt strong enough to get my hip/lower back re-aligned so basically all i ended up with was a bruised hip,  but I had a small male chiro have the same issue some time back.
I get about 3-4 couples' massages a year when my wife and I travel on vacation together (or did before COVID) and I always get a woman. Its just more comfortable for me personally. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
You hate to make any judgements until all the facts come out...  but this story is feeling very Darren Sharper-esque.
Unfortunately, that's who I thought of when reading the story as well. Obviously, not in the degree of the offense, but rather when asking 'why'? Money, fame, access, etc. have nothing to do with it.

Darren Sharper was physically fine as hell and had so much. You can't tell me he couldn't have had almost any woman he wanted. He had completely different issues and is currently in the right place where he can do no further harm to others.

I hope Watson is better than everything we've been reading because.... damn.

Quote:

I'll take that bet, he's gonna miss games.

My guess is there's also gonna be more stuff  to come out.  

The latest does indeed confirm that...more stuff came out.

I mean more than the 24? complaints and 14? who filed lawsuit.

IMHO if this is all proven true, Watsons pathology in this matter could easily manifest bad choices in other parts of his life.

With all the attention a lot of folks are gonna be looking into Watson's personal life.  His career will on the line if they find more  stuff.

Sounds to me like Watson should be throwing to Kellen Winslow Jr this season...