Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you have Covid Vaccine yet?
Just seen on the new that 52% of Trump voters are saying they wont take the Vaccine.  Really hoping the airlines and public venues will require vaccine passports. 

I recently got the J&J 1 shot...

Here is a great video that talks about key metrics, the differences and why you can't compare across types. 

The J&J dataset having both Brazil and S. African exposure is big.  We got the Moderna, don't think there is much difference.   My Daughter is in Germany and they are having big problems getting people to buy on to the AstraZeneca, ground things to a halt.  The Sputnik and Sinopharm seem to be doing well, making in roads in S. America and the East, good pr.

Good video, particularly the timing and data groupings I found easy to digest.

Nope, they won't even give me a "phase date" up here in Washington.

I'm asthmatic and fat and got mine in the 1c group 2 weeks ago.  Our county opened to everyone yesterday.  My wife got her first shot today. 

I got the Monderna version which has a 1 month wait for the booster.  She got the Pfizer shot with a two week wait.  So by 5-1 we should both be immune!!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
The J&J dataset having both Brazil and S. African exposure is big.  We got the Moderna, don't think there is much difference.   My Daughter is in Germany and they are having big problems getting people to buy on to the AstraZeneca, ground things to a halt.  The Sputnik and Sinopharm seem to be doing well, making in roads in S. America and the East, good pr.

AstraZeneca has been their own worst enemy...Fumbled right out of the gate and they've been working to garner trust ever since.

Bottom line is they are needed, especially as the vaccines make their way to the rest of the planet. That didn't feel good typing that. I wish all countries had access from the get go. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I'm asthmatic and fat and got mine in the 1c group 2 weeks ago.  Our county opened to everyone yesterday.  My wife got her first shot today. 

I got the Monderna version which has a 1 month wait for the booster.  She got the Pfizer shot with a two week wait.  So by 5-1 we should both be immune!!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad for you @AGRforever

I'm hearing with the 2 shots the first one primes the system and the second one really kicks in the anti-bodies.  My wife was knocked on her butt pretty good after the 2nd Moderna. Just for a day - so plan accordingly. 

MN Gov Walsh just announced today they are opening-up the state for vaccines (16+) beginning 3/30. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@BigAl99 said:

AstraZeneca has been their own worst enemy...Fumbled right out of the gate and they've been working to garner trust ever since.

Bottom line is they are needed, especially as the vaccines make their way to the rest of the planet. That didn't feel good typing that. I wish all countries had access from the get go. 
Also some speculation on misinformation campaign going on, Russia is putting a lot of product out in the old eastern block, diminish the west.  My opinion is they are really trying to use this to establish their standing, India, Middle East, South America and Africa.  30 to 40 countries so far.
Russia Sputnik V Vaccine Going to 40+ Countries As West Hoards Shots (businessinsider.com)

@AGRforever said:

Glad for you @AGRforever

I'm hearing with the 2 shots the first one primes the system and the second one really kicks in the anti-bodies.  My wife was knocked on her butt pretty good after the 2nd Moderna. Just for a day - so plan accordingly. 

MN Gov Walsh just announced today they are opening-up the state for vaccines (16+) beginning 3/30. 
I felt bad for two days. Felt like Tyson punched my arm for 3-4. If I had a schedueled 8-5 job I would have called in sick one of the days. Really hoping that its not a ton worse the second go, but I have friends with covid symptoms months after having the virus so I can handle a few days. 

@AGRforever said:

Glad for you @AGRforever

Also hear on good authority that the better your immune system is, ie younger, the stronger the reaction will be.  See just another advantage to age, I forget the others.