Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeus Jr Wants Out of Baltimore
He's a $20 cab ride to get around.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Orlando Brown Jr - Left Tackle Highlights - Top 20 Blocks of 2020 - YouTube

Moves like a big bag of donuts out there by very effective 
Thanks, I had not watched him this year. Very convincing. But makes me doubt we can get him, half the league will be interested.

It's a good crop of offensive lineman though in this draft so teams could easily use that as leverage against the Ravens in any trade.  

1) Sign Atkins
2) make the Guru trade for Brown and the Ravens pick.  
3) Take best DE on the board end of 1st (Phillips?)

OL: Zeus-Reiff-Bradburry-Cleveland-O'Neil
DL: Hunter-Pierce-Atkins-1st Round rookie: Wonnum, Fedi, Lynch, Watts, Holmes

2021, no excuses

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Of note, the Vikings are very involved on this. 
Oh? Do tell. 
I don't know what they've offered or if they've formally made an offer. But lets say the Vikings could offer #14 and send the Ravens back their 3rd #91 for #27 and Brown. That is a late 1st/early 2nd valuation and I think it honestly makes sense from the MN side. 

You trade back in the 1st which puts you in a better position to target a DT or DE. You add a premiere LT that is about to turn 25. It allows you to move on from Reiff now and save a net $8.5M or so once you add in Browns cap hit to the 2021 cap. 

Sure, you'll need to extend Brown on a long-term deal but that won't really impact the cap in 2021 and you can keep the 2022 number lower than a Reiff restructure as well. Then in 2023 you'd see the brunt of the extension. 

Not saying it'll happen but I can see why they'd be exploring it (as are many teams) I just know the Vikings are more serious than some. Brown/O'Neill would be a great OT combo for the next decade or so. 

Everyone here likes this deal (our 1st (#14) and Ravens' 3rd (#91) for Brown and their 1st #27) - me included.

So, what if it's more like our 1st (#14) straight up for Brown? I think the trade of Laremy Tunsil less than 2 years ago is probably a better guide for the trade of a 25-year-old LT. There were other players within the deal, but none were significant, and the Dolphins received 2 #1s and a 2nd for Tunsil. Is Brown worth that much less (a trade up in round 1 and a 3rd) than Tunsil?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Oh? Do tell. 
I don't know what they've offered or if they've formally made an offer. But lets say the Vikings could offer #14 and send the Ravens back their 3rd #91 for #27 and Brown. That is a late 1st/early 2nd valuation and I think it honestly makes sense from the MN side. 

You trade back in the 1st which puts you in a better position to target a DT or DE. You add a premiere LT that is about to turn 25. It allows you to move on from Reiff now and save a net $8.5M or so once you add in Browns cap hit to the 2021 cap. 

Sure, you'll need to extend Brown on a long-term deal but that won't really impact the cap in 2021 and you can keep the 2022 number lower than a Reiff restructure as well. Then in 2023 you'd see the brunt of the extension. 

Not saying it'll happen but I can see why they'd be exploring it (as are many teams) I just know the Vikings are more serious than some. Brown/O'Neill would be a great OT combo for the next decade or so. 

Everyone here likes this deal (our 1st (#14) and Ravens' 3rd (#91) for Brown and their 1st #27) - me included.

So, what if it's more like our 1st (#14) straight up for Brown? I think the trade of Laremy Tunsil less than 2 years ago is probably a better guide for the trade of a 25-year-old LT. There were other players within the deal, but none were significant, and the Dolphins received 2 #1s and a 2nd for Tunsil. Is Brown worth that much less (a trade up in round 1 and a 3rd) than Tunsil?
It is a different because Tunsil was entering his 4th year and had his 5th year option picked up which locked him in for 10.8M in 2020.
They got him for 2.14M in 2019 and 10.85M in 2020.
They gave him a 3 year extension in April of 2020 but those were added on to his 5th year.

Orlando Brown will be entering his 4th season (like O'Neill) and the only option would be to tag him if negotiations did not go well.
It is more of a risk especially with the cap situation this year and probably next year too.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@Jor-El said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Oh? Do tell. 

It is a different because Tunsil was entering his 4th year and had his 5th year option picked up which locked him in for 10.8M in 2020.
They gave him a 3 year extension in April of 2020 but those were added on to his 5th year.

Orlando Brown will be entering his 4th season (like O'Neill) and the only option would be to tag him if negotiations did not go well.
It is more of a risk especially with the cap situation this year and probably next year too.
Brown also is the one who is pushing for this trade. Tunsil was not trying to work his way out of Miami. Bill O'Brien is also not involved. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@Jor-El said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Oh? Do tell. 

Brown also is the one who is pushing for this trade. Tunsil was not trying to work his way out of Miami. Bill O'Brien is also not involved. 
Fair arguments. Still...you're saying he's worth a late 1st or early 2nd round pick, is that truly enough? In this draft, that's saying he is worth Samuel Cosmi or Jaylen Mayfield. Seems he is better, and definitely more of a sure thing. If we traded the #14 straight up, it's like saying he's worth Christian Darrisaw. I know, in some ways there is more value to the rookie because of his relatively low salary, but still...I think someone is bound to outbid us if all we offer is a trade up from 27 to 14 and a late 3rd.

I heard that Baltimore inquired about Thielen in October. Would you trade Thielen and a pick for Brown?

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I heard that Baltimore inquired about Thielen in October. Would you trade Thielen and a pick for Brown?
I would do it for a Day 3 pick. Trading for Brown allows you to move on from Reiff & use the cap savings to fill other needs & Waddle or Devonta Smith will most likely be there at #14.