Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never happier to see the end of the Weekend.....
excellent music taste Maroon Bells.

Leon Bridges and Khurangbin was a dope EP that got us through the beginning of Covid

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
excellent music taste Maroon Bells.

Leon Bridges and Khurangbin was a dope EP that got us through the beginning of Covid
Khruangbin was new to me. But damn...really digging Texas Sun!

People watch the halftime show?

I have to laugh at Mahomes' mom bitching about refs.  They let some pretty flagrant holds go against KC.  JPP was horsecollared from behind and no flag.  And the one that did get called, I think it was Romo saying it was minimal.  Watching the replay, it was an arm around the throat tackle to the ground, but I am sure that was incidental.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
People watch the halftime show?

I have to laugh at Mahomes' mom bitching about refs.  They let some pretty flagrant holds go against KC.  JPP was horsecollared from behind and no flag.  And the one that did get called, I think it was Romo saying it was minimal.  Watching the replay, it was an arm around the throat tackle to the ground, but I am sure that was incidental.
i didnt watch the whole game,  but I wasnt impressed with the officiating and felt at least in the first half that it seemed weighted in favor of the bucs.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
Still falling.

They say its not the fall that kills you. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
He obviously tried something different here and it didn't really work. He's actually a decent artist, but you'd never know it from this crap. Not sure why they have to be SO heavy on the theatrics and shit sometimes, but it was a swing and a miss. 
Agree. Starboy has probably been my most played song on Spotify the last few years, but this was hard to watch. 
Isn't preforming at the Super Bowl kind of a sign that your career is over?  I guess I can't really think of many who released successful music post SB?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
He obviously tried something different here and it didn't really work. He's actually a decent artist, but you'd never know it from this crap. Not sure why they have to be SO heavy on the theatrics and shit sometimes, but it was a swing and a miss. 
Agree. Starboy has probably been my most played song on Spotify the last few years, but this was hard to watch. 
Isn't preforming at the Super Bowl kind of a sign that your career is over?  I guess I can't really think of many who released successful music post SB?
Wha? No...U2, Springsteen, Gaga, Prince, JT, Coldplay, Beyonce...it kinda has to be veterans of music to get the broadest appeal, but it's not a residency in Vegas if that's what you mean. I think the Weeknd is probably the least known of all, but the kids dig him real good. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Wha? No...U2, Springsteen, Gaga, Prince, JT, Coldplay, Beyonce...it kinda has to be veterans of music to get the broadest appeal, but it's not a residency in Vegas if that's what you mean. I think the Weeknd is probably the least known of all, but the kids dig him real good. 

By the time pretty much any of those played their career was over in terms of marketable new music. 

I wouldn't go to a U2 concert if you paid me and I mean A LOT.  They suck. 
Springsteen is great but certainly not releasing new music.Gaga has her money and while good isn't really releasing new music.  Same can be said about Timberlake. 
Prince is dead.Coldplay?  I don't think they've released much of anything noteworthy?
Beyonce has released music but she's not my taste.  But that doesn't detract from her still having

Come on @AGRforever, the Boss is still puttin’ out music, check it out...  B)
 https://brucespringsteen.net/news/2020/new-album-letter-to-you-coming-october-23

Everything is not for everybody. I like the Weeknd. But I could have done without hearing 'Earned It' during the Superbowl. And I figured it was the TV I was watching it on (chillin' at the beach these days) that was causing the distortion and crappy sound. It's too bad that it wasn't.

For me, Prince still ranks as the best halftime show ever. I really miss his artistry.